Spin off question from yesterday- SO if you are not married.. its not cheating to sleep with others?

Whats your opinion on this? There were a few moms that said if you are not married that if you sleep with someone else besides your boyfriend its not cheating because your not married! This blows my mind.
IMO- if you are in an exclusive relationship- if you sleep with another person it is cheating.
What are your opinions??

amy31308

Asked by amy31308 at 10:32 AM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• If you are indeed in a relationship and both parties know that it is just the two of you..

YESSSS it is cheating even if you are NOT married.....!!!!!

Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 10:37 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• If you are not married I don't see it as cheating. Does it really matter what anyone else thinks though? I am one who believes sex is only for marriage.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• If you have agreed to be exclusive then it is cheating.

Answer by Bmat at 10:43 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• OK,, if you are not in a committed relationship. That means you have not spoken to each other about being exclusive. Or your not married or living with each other.
    Having sex with another person is not cheating...JMO.

Answer by louise2 at 10:44 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• It's cheating
    MiLeesMommy08

Answer by MiLeesMommy08 at 10:47 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• IF your not married, then there is no commitment. If your in a relationship that's claiming to be committed and exclusive, but not married, your nuts! Why commit without the protection that marriage gives? It's really stupid to do so and your setting yourself up for a fall, either emotionally or financially or both. If your going to make it "real" and go exclusive, don't do half measures.Go get married!

But if your not married, don't expect your partner to hold to all the expectations of marriage when you and them haven't made that commitment, including the expectation of them not playing the field. So having a bf and claiming "exclusive relationship" is nothing more than PLAYING at marriage and it isn't the real deal. Until you are married, the field is wide open and the game is being played.Once your married, you're out of the game.

isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:49 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• You do make a bgood point isabellalecour however how is a person supposed to get to the point of wanting to marry another if they can't trust them? If you can't trust someone enough to not sleep with others while you are in an exclusive relationship how do you know you can trust them once you make that big step? I think in dating there are different stages of dating. You go through the different stages of getting to know that person, their family, whether or not you can trust them. I know I would never marry a man (if I wasn't married already) who couldn't even commit to me and not sleep with others. There would be no trust!
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 11:02 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Ya'll are nuts. If two people are together, whether they are married or not, it's still considered cheating. If you are going outside of your relationship, that's being unfaithful. Unless theres an agreement between both partied of the relationship
    snjbjac

Answer by snjbjac at 11:03 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I think if both parties know you are not 100% committed to him/her then its not cheating. But if you both decide that you want to be committed to each other and be engaged for x amount of time before marriage and you sleep with somebody else its cheating. I would so consider it cheating if my fiance slept with somebody else. I know he would say the same.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 11:09 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Isabellalecour, if your husband banged another women in the months/years preceding your marriage, you would have been OK with that? Because you're saying that if a couple is not married yet (perhaps on the road to marriage, just not there yet), they are both free to screw anyone else they want, up until the day before their wedding? How would anyone actually remain in a relationship long enough to get to married??? I would never marry a guy if he cheated on me while we were still dating. Cheating is cheating. Couples do not need to be married to be exclusive.
    CoolGirlChris

Answer by CoolGirlChris at 11:13 AM on Jul. 2, 2009