Is God really that preoccupied with gays?

I have always believed that God loves all His children. The children that believe in Him and those that don't believe in Him. He also loves His children who are gay and those that are not gay. Do you think God is as obsessed with homosexuality as we are? I read the bible, I pray and some how my sex life just doesn't get mentioned.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Older you are trying very hard to make sense of the chaos in you and your daughters life. The answer is not going around trying to make people accept HER lifestyle, but it is accepting Jesus as Savior and Lord. Jesus will put everything back in perspective and give her the life he intended for her to have. Why would God make her to have a life of ridicule and judgement? He wouldn't, she is bringing this on herself by following sin. Jesus came that she might have life and have it more abundantly. You are going about getting it the WRONG WAY!
    ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 11:31 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• No, just uptight overly religious ppl are. In all honesty, even if I had a problem with gays (like I do so many other ppl) I would leave it up to God in the end. Like I do anything else. I think this whole Gay thing has been blow way out of proportion.

EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 10:37 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Ha ha... No, I can't imagine that ANY god would really be that preoccupied with who we are all sleeping with... I personally am always shocked to see more and more questions on here about it, what's the deal?? You are either for it or against it, either way, it's a reality, there are gays, so what get over it, you don't get to pick who others love. I personally think those that hate gays so much just need to be thankful the gays don't hate straights... LOL! We could have a real war then...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:40 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• NO kidding earth mom. Let God decide. The whole gay thing is ridiculous. Every other day it is gay rights this and gay rights that. Live and let live. Time to move on and let it go.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I personally am always shocked to see more and more questions on here about it, what's the deal??

clapping

Thank you! I too am amazed at all the questions. Get over it and deal with it geez. I don't care who your daughter is sleeping with, I don't care who your son is sleeping with and I also don't  disrespect my children enough to post all over the internet their personal choice of sex partners.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• ANON, THIS IS WHAT WE ARE TRYING TO DO, LET THEM LIVE! AND THERE WON'T BE ANY LETTING GO UNTIL THEY ARE EQUAL.

Answer by older at 10:43 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• FOR ANON 10:43, THERE IS NO DISRESPECT IN TALKING AND GETTING THE WORD OUT ON THEIR DISCRIMINATION, WOULD YOU STAND BY AND LET THE WORLD DEGRADE YOUR CHILDREN?

Answer by older at 10:45 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• The bible doesn't mention homosexuality any more than it mentions any other "sin" that Christians totally ignore and/or commit all the time! It's ridiculous that they constantly claim "we are all sinners" and "every sin is equal in God's eyes" and yet they decide for themselves that homosexuality is worse just because they feel like it.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 10:46 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• it won't happen the way you are doing it. but I have respect for my children.

but YOU are the one so obsessed God doesn't care this much--so why do you. but I don't disrespect my children and plaster their sex lives all over the internet. Do you know if I have a gay child? Or do I hold more respect for my children and keep their personal lives private?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• WOULD YOU STAND BY AND LET THE WORLD DEGRADE YOUR CHILDREN?

I would tell my children to keep their sex life personal as I keep my sex life personal. Do you know who is in my bed? NO you dont because I have more respect for myself than you have for your children.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Jul. 2, 2009