Do you find cursing in a reply offensive?

Some mothers reply with cursing in every answer. I just don't think its necessary, especially if it not a heated issue.

crayons3

Asked by crayons3 at 10:45 AM on Jul. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• Depends on the curse word....usually I find it to take away from the point they are trying to make.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 10:46 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I think there are some places and situations that cursing is not appropriate. CafeMom would be one of those since there is a lot of people of many backgrounds and since some would feel offended by it. To me it just doesn't seem necessary to do on CafeMom.

Someone cursing on here would definitely make me shy away from whatever they may have to say. Don't get me wrong, I have used and do use a few curse words in my private life.
    TessLouise

Answer by TessLouise at 10:54 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I am offended with coursing when it is about a person. When the swear words are about a situation of what happened and not that a person them self is a whatever then I'm not offended.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• shrugging

scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 11:06 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• It depends on the word and the circumstance. If it is name calling, yes, it's offensive. The F word and C word are almost always offensive in a reply. Actually, I can't think of an instance it wouldn't be, but there are always exceptions. If someone is cursing in every reply, they are just offensive.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• It depends on the context within which it being used.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 11:38 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• No...if I were, the internet would not be the place for me ! :-)
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 12:13 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• As long as it is not in a personal attack I really don't mind it. The F word is a bit unlady like but every now and again it works. I usually use curse words in a humorus way.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:18 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• doesn't really bother me! Even if it is directed at me, its just someone's opinion and I try not to let it get to me. If it really hurts me I might send them a private message asking them to be a little more respectful, or report them! I curse now and then tho, I just try to do it in a way that it doesn't hurt anyone's feelings.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 12:26 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• not always. something like heck yeah or you bet your ass wouldn't bother me. but some of the other words aren't necessary. I think cuss words are just words like all the others unless you have meaning beind it. So does it really matter if you say oh crap when it still means the same?
    Anonymous