reasons why having a car is a must

i am currently in a program that helps you with becoming independent. they will pay up to 750 towards acar for you but you have to show a need for it.with the recession and all they are very strict with who they give the grant to ..what are some suggestion that i can put together to show i have a need for it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Entertainment

• There is actually a site that rates your need for a car. Things such as public transportation, closeness of stores, .... we live in a rural area with no public transportation and nothing closer than a 15 minute drive, so we need a car. I'll google and see if I can find the site.

Answer by Bmat at 10:52 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• You need a car because you have to get back and forth to work.

Answer by louise2 at 11:02 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Not that I think everyone "needs" (public trans works great) a car but here's a few...

work, child's doctor appts, making sure you have food and diapers. Emergencies. better job opportunities.

EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 11:09 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I'm like Bmat...live in the county. We can't even have pizza delivered or get a cab! So a car is a MUST for us. If the kids miss the bus for some reason, I'd have to take them to school. Groceries, daycare, work, interviews, & many other errands would be impossible for me w/out a car! & yes, even emergencies-altho we could wait for ems to find us, its usually faster for us to jet to the ER on our own. Best of luck to you!
    bridgeh2o

Answer by bridgeh2o at 11:46 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• We are fortunate to live in a city with great public transit. My husband is a handyman, and has a truck he uses mostly for business. I don't have a car, I don't need a car.

When President Truman listed to Mr. Ford and friends, and choose highways over train tracks, he set our country on the disasterous path it is now on.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:49 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• In my area, jobs that pay anything are a commute from anywhere from 30-60 minutes one way. So, a car is a must. Taking kids to the doctor, sports, attend school functions, grocery shop, emergencies. The public transit in my city is horrible. It doesn't run on weekends or holidays and only runs until 9 or 10 at night.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:02 AM on Jul. 3, 2009