Could I be in labor?

I'm 38 weeks and 2 cm dilated. I've had contractions for the past month but today they are sometimes painful and sometimes not at all painful. I've been in labor before with my first so I know how bad they can get and their not that bad but also it feels like everytime I walk somethings hanging out of my cervix even tho its not. If I went into the hospital would they give me pitocin and break my water since I am having alot of contractions and 2 cms dilated and I'm 38 weeks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• most hospitals u gotta be at least 4 cm. either ur water has to break, or ur contractions gotta be 5 mins apart. ur getting close though that explains everything, ure just not quite there yet lol. and the walking and feeling the hanging, lol. thats bc the baby is so far down. trust me if the baby was that far down, ud feel the contractions first hardcore, bc thats what dialates ur goods, so it can strech to make the baby fit, so ud get alot of pain if the baby was hanging, but like i said its just because ure so close, ure gonna feel those symtoms. if u have real concerns call ur Dr. and he'll let u know
    MamaStrawBerry1

Answer by MamaStrawBerry1 at 11:16 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• storkare you thinned out at all? i would call the dr & just keep track of your contractions. i dont know if they would induce...they will have to check you to see if your ready

scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 11:19 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I had a similar experience a few days ago actually and I'm 32wks and 3days pregnant. I am not dilated by anything yet. But it's always best to call the doctor and get his/her opinion on what they think you should do. Chances are in my honest opinion if you're 2cm dilated who's not to say that you won't already be in labor tonight?! It's better to be safe then sorry. And I look at it as your baby knows when he/she is ready to come. So don't let the whole pitocin and breaking of your water scare you away from going to the hospital. Best of luck to you and I pray that everything turns out for the better!
    pink_callalily

Answer by pink_callalily at 11:19 AM on Jul. 2, 2009