How can I get my daughter to drink her milk from a sippy cup and not a bottle?

She drinks everything and anything else out of a sippy cup, regular cup, a can but she will only drink her milk out of her bottle.

Ash0525

Asked by Ash0525 at 11:20 AM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• when she wants a bottle just put water in the bottle and if she crys give her the sippy and keep doing that untill she dont want the bottle and more...
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 11:22 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• try the sippy cup w/ the silicone spout - its makes the transition easier for them
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 11:22 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I mixed a couple drops of strawberry syrup into my sons. It was like a special treat for using a cup. I slowly decreased the amount of syrup till I wasn't using it anymore and he never noticed. Worked like a charm or me, it might be worth a try for you.

EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 11:34 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I agree with the previous poster. I did that with chocolate syrup. I put such a small amount in that it really hardly mattered if you are worried about extra sugar. i didn't have a problem getting her off the chocolate either. it was more to get her used to the sippy. I bought the ones with the silicone spout, and soft spout and the only one my daughter took was the hard plastic disposable cups. just a hint....only buy 1 sippy cup until you find out what one she prefers. i learned that the hard way.
    tblur29

Answer by tblur29 at 11:50 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• with my son he would drink froma sippy except for bed time so what I did is like what one of the otehrs said i started giving him a silcone spout. then I took him to wal mart and let him pick out a special cup of his choice. he absoulty loves elmo so we bought special milk cups and the only way he got his milk was in his elmo cup. Then one day I caught him with his sisters bottle and i said i thought you were a big boy and he marched to thetrash can and tossed it. My son hates being refered to as a baby even if you use it in a endearing term lol. good luck!
    juansmommy

Answer by juansmommy at 12:33 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Toss the bottle. My daughter still refuses but i no longer have a bottle. She will drink chocolate milk though :/ I take what i can get lol
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 2:13 PM on Jul. 4, 2009