Missing Teeth

I have a hereditary condition that has affected my father in his 30's and a cousin of mine in her 40's and now I am in my 40's and it is affecting me. Last night two of my teeth, bottom front just fell out as I was eating. Now I have the embarrassment of talking with 2 front bottom teeth missing until the dentist can do something for me. Has anybody had this happen to them before? If so, how did you cope with this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Health

• bumpno - im sorry - thats weird

scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 11:23 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• OMG you should just like my mom right now!
    My mom has this problem.
    In are family we have this problem, my great grandma, grandma,grandpa and now my mom are missing teeth. My grandparents (and great grandma) lost all there teeth.
    My mom was eating on day (this is what my lil sister told me) and her 2 bottom teeth just feel out and my sister said that she was crying and when she smiles or talks she shuts her mouth quick. I am not going to lie I really can't see her missing teeth down there
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 11:29 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• oh and BTW my mom is 37 years old
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 11:33 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• If you go to the dentist they will make you something called a flipper. It is a temporary fix until partials are made. Go though and make this a money priority because it does affect your standard of living and how you function in the world. This is considered of medical importance.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 11:38 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• to op I'd rather loose my bottom teeth than my top, bottoms are less visible when speaking smiling. I'm sorry for your situation. I'm quite sure either dentures of implants could help you. I'd price both with different dentists and also different dental specialists. Do you have dental ins?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• No, but hopefully the dentist will fix it ASAP. If you can't afford it, there is CARE Credit where you can make payments.
    Anonymous

• I am the one who posted this question. I do have an appt now on Monday. I do have dental insurance and I have quite a bit of money in savings so money is not the issue. I am hoping they can give me something temporary as I am really conscious of this and feel like I just need to avoid anyone and everyone right now. I have always been really particular about how I look and this has thrown me for a loop.
    Anonymous