I need advice on a few things....

ok first thing, i get pains in my bikini like area like ive pulled a muscle, but its only when i sneeze, or blow my nose or turn over (even slowly) in bed. its not on both sides at once its always one side or the other. Second i have pains since last night in my lower back but more so the back of my hips and the front of my hips. it doesnt stop/start, its just ugh pain. Thrid thing is i need help making my hospital list so i make sure i dont forget anything. I also have a 9 month old sonwould he be able to be in the hospital with me or would i have to drop him off somewhere if i go into labor before i go to the hospital??? im just kinda stressing myself out with all this lol.

MamaStrawBerry1

Asked by MamaStrawBerry1 at 11:32 AM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The bikini line pains are completely normal. The farther along you get the worse they'll get. Roll out of bed instead of straining to sit up.

I packed a large suitcase for the hospital. I'd rather have too much than not enough. Bring two nightgowns (a short sleeved/sleeveless and a 3/4 length sleeve) because you don't know if you'll be cold because of the hospital or hot because of your hormones. Bring a robe and house shoe so you can walk the halls without having to get dressed. Bring comfortable clothes that fit while your were 6 months pregnant to wear home. Bring a pony tail holder to pull your hair back during labor. Don't forget: make up, deoderant, toothpaste & toothbrush, shampoo & conditioner, body soap, shaving razor, blow dryer, mouthwash (your mouth will get dry and yucky during labor and swishing it clean will feel great).
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 12:31 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I got cut off above...

Be sure to pack for baby too. Bring 4 pjs so you are prepared for spit ups and accidents, an outfit for the hospital picture, a separate outfit to go home in just in case your baby spits up in the picture outfit, pacifiers, diaper rash ointment, Bobby (after 2 babies I would not want to be without a Boppy), and socks. If you're having a girl you may want to bring a velcro hair bow or baby headband for pictures.

If you're going to breastfeed, go ahead and bring some nipple cream (it's lanolin for your nipples and I like the Medela brand best).

I think I got most everything listed that I took. I'm pregnant with #3 now so I have a bit of mommy brain. Also, I have to have c-sections so I'm in the hospital 2 nights and have to pack more.

I was so anxious before my first too. Please feel free to message me with questions or just if you need to talk and ease your mind.

Good luck.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 12:37 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I've had the exact same pains you are describing. I think it is just because your muscles down there are stretched so tight as it is and there isn't alot of room for movement. The hip thing I get when I sleep too long on one side. I just try to take it easy when I move around and try not to get up fast or get out of a car too fast, that tends to cause the pain you are describing. There are lots of good lists of what to take to the hospital online. I looked at a few and combined them to make sure I have everything. I just went to visit a friend who had a baby and her room was so cold, so make sure you take slippers and maybe a sweatshirt or robe.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 5:25 PM on Jul. 2, 2009