Feeding my 3 and half month old

How many time a day at 3 and half month old baby should eat?? I read the book and it said every 4 hours, however my son refuse to eat he fuss and cry. He eat every 5 to 6 hours and only take out 4.5 oz . I am afraid that he didn't eat enough. At night he sleep 7 hours and wake only one time to eat. He didn't pee that much at night I don't have to change his diaper until the morning which is at 7 o;clock. Also I have breastfeed him through now and just start him on formula, seem like my milk supply have been decrease. what i need to do to get my milk supply back to normal. Thanks a lots.

hungluvphuong

Asked by hungluvphuong at 11:42 AM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Please don't listen to books your child will let your know when he is hungry. You should pump your milk every few hours to help keep your milk supply up. If you are really concerned consult the doctor. But if he is eating fine and not throwing it up then I wouldn't worry about it. But if you aren't changing many pee diapers then he could be dehydrated.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 12:33 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• For your milk supply...nurse ON DEMAND. Toss your clocks. And the formula will have a detrimental effect.

The books are INCORRECT. Babies can't tell time...they get hungry when they get hungry and should be fed accordingly.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:44 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I don't watch the clock with my 3 month old. I feed her whenever she seems hungry. She knows when she's hungry, and she stops when she's satisfied. The best way to get your milk supply up is to toss the formula and let your baby nurse all he wants to boost your supply. The more you nurse, the more milk your body will make.
    Kat770

Answer by Kat770 at 8:43 PM on Jul. 2, 2009