Do you think it would make a difference?

So my DH's best friend and his gf are having a baby and I'm pretty sure they are going to be horrible parents. She was raised in a family that believes you should only take care of yourself. She is very selfish, lazy and immature. I usually avoid her and much as possible. But I'm thinking if maybe I try to be her friend and let her hang out with me and my son maybe this will help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• try but if you see its not working rn the other way because sometimes most people dont change no matter what.
    chukuku

Answer by chukuku at 11:48 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• No I do not. Do not force yourself to be friends with someone you truly do not like. She might turn out to be a good mom..Babies make you change.

Answer by louise2 at 11:52 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• My husband and his ENTIRE family are the same way. They all only think of themselves and would rather someone else do everything for them. So for the past few years I have been doing everything. Making every decision, cleaning everything every day, and taking care of EVERYTHING that is needed for the kids. On top of that I am working and going to school. It is so exauhsting to be a member of this family and if I were you I would just stay away because you are going to get taken advantage of.
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 11:56 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• If she was raised that way I am thinking she is not going to change. You can try but I think it would just frustrate you.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 12:00 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I don't think it would hurt to try and take her under your wing...if she is accepting then great, you can be a mentor for her. If she is not warm to the idea you can say you tried.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:08 PM on Jul. 2, 2009