Do people STILL fall for this stuff?!

Do people still give out sensitive PERSONAL information? I think this "attorney" was "e-screaming" at me! Better send him what he wants! LOL

***
ATTENTION
ON BEHALF OF THE CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION DEPARTMENT (CID), I WRITE TO INFORM YOU THAT FOLLOWING THE APPREHENSION OF SOME NOTORIOUS ADVANCE FEE FRAUD (OTHERWISE KNOWN AS INTERNET FRAUD) SYNDICATES. IT IS VERY CLEAR TO STATE FROM THE OUR INVESTIGATION FILE THAT YOU ARE A VICTIM OF THIS HEINOUS CRIME OF SWINDLE,FALSIFICATION GOVERNMENT CLASSIFIED DOCUMENTS, IMPERSONATION OF HIGH PRIVATE AND PUBLIC OFFICERS, FRAUD AND ILLEGAL LODGEMENTS AND TRANSFERS OF FUNDS.

IT IS MOST IMPERATIVE TO NOTIFY YOU THAT THESE FRAUDSTERS ARE RIGHT NOW IN POLICE CUSTODY ON ACCOUNT CHARGES AS STATED ABOVE. HOWEVER, I AM WRITING TO REQUEST FOR YOUR TIRELESS ASSISTANCE IN THE INVESTIGATION PROCESS PRIOR TO BRINGING THEM TO JUSTICE. YOU ARE ADVISED TO PROVIDE ME WITH DETAIL INFORMATION AS FOLLOWS:

LoriKeet

Asked by LoriKeet at 11:48 AM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Good grief. All that bad English, all caps and sent from Nigeria, what more do people need to let them know that this kind of thing is a scam?
    Still, if these things didn't work at least sometimes the crooks would do something else to scam people.

Great post!
    DivaG

Answer by DivaG at 11:55 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• (1) YOUR FULL NAMES
    (2) YOUR HOME ADDRESS
    (3) YOUR PHONE AND FAX NUMBER
    (4) YOUR OCCUPATION
    ALSO, IT WILL FACILITATE OUR INVESTIGATION TEAM TO KNOW THAT TOTAL AMOUNT YOU HAVE BEEN DUPED. IT IS ALSO RELEVANT FOR YOU TO PROVIDE US WITH PAYMENT RECEIPTS OR PAYMENT SLIPS AS REGARDS TO THE DATES, TIME AND OCCASION IN WHICH SUCH PAYMENTS WERE MADE AND TO WHOM SUCH PAYMENTS WERE CHANNELED TO.
    FURTHER MORE, IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO INFORM YOU THAT WITH THE IMMENSE ASSISTANCE OF THE NIGERIA POLICE FORCE, WE HAVE BEEN ABLE TO TRACK DOWN FEW INTERNET SCAM SYNDICATES WHILE SOME OF THEM ARE STILL ON THE RUN AND THUS MAY BE CONTACTING YOU EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE FUGITIVES. ON THIS NOTE, YOU ARE ADVISED TO BREACH ALL CO-OPERATION WITH THESE SCAM SYNDICATES AND THUS ASSIST US IMMENSELY IN TRACKING DOWN THESE HOODLUMS DEFYING THE INTERNATIONAL IDENTITY OF OUR DEAR NATION.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:49 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• LASTLY, YOU ARE ADVISED TO PROVIDE US WITH AN ACCURATE RECORD OF ALL TRANSACTION, TOTAL MONETARY COMMITMENTS AND THE NAMES OF THOSE INVOLVED IN THESE CRIMINAL ACT. IT MUST BE NOTED THAT THESE INFORMATION WILL ASSIST US IN FILING AN EXPARTE APPPLICATION TO THE FEDERAL HIGH COURT FOR THE GRANT OF RESTITUTION IN YOUR FAVOUR FOLLOWING THE RECENT CONFISCATION CARRIED OUT ON THE MULTI-MILLION UNITED STATES DOLLARS WORTH OF PROPERTY OWNED BY TWO OF THESE ACCUSED FRAUDSTERS.
    YOURS IMMENSE ASSISTANCE WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED
    YOURS FAITHFULLY,

ATTORNEY FRED HUDSON
    PUBLIC PROSECUTION OFFICER
    CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION UNIT
    FEDERAL MINISTRY OF JUSTICE
    ABUJA, FCT
    NIGERIA.

***
    Just trying to lighten things up in here!
    LoriKeet

• I still get those e-mails that state "I have money in the bank of oisjdfn and I need you to get it for me". Not as many as I used to, but it's amazing that some ppl fall for this crap.
    rotPferd

Answer by rotPferd at 11:56 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• LOL... I will say it again.... Death of Common Sense prevails yet again!
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:59 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• "I have money in the bank of oisjdfn and I need you to get it for me".

***

bank of oisjdfn

rolling on floor

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:04 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I can't believe that anybody ever fell for this kind of crazy stuff. How many red flags does someone need to convince them that this is Spam. Jeez!

brwneyedgirl314

Answer by brwneyedgirl314 at 12:05 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• A close friend of mine almost did, she gave them all but her bank account info. I got an email from her asking if I thought it was legit, after she had already given her addy, email, phone and fax. I love her dearly and she can be smart but sometimes a ditz. A true blonde.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 12:13 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• So silly. I get those emails all the time from the African princess or prince (or whatever royalty they are feeling that day) and I will benefit by millions if I just ABC. Whatever. I get some at times that say that my ISP is updating account info and if I don't email them with my personal info to verify my account that my account may be deleted. The things people will try.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:13 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• How in the world do people fall for this? *shaking head* It MUST be profitable, because they keep it up.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 12:35 PM on Jul. 2, 2009