• In the Spotlight:

How do I start a search for half siblings?

I've decided to make the jump and search for the one half sibling I know I have, and perhaps find other half siblings. The kicker is, I don't know where to start. Are there places on line? Do I go to a lawyer? Are there specific places/agencies to go to?
Anybody know where/how I can start?

debra_benge

Asked by debra_benge at 11:51 AM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I was watching MTVs true life-im looking for my sibling... some of them decided to start on some of the bigger friend websites like Myspace and Facebook. I Guess that couldnt hurt to try. There are websites you can pay to find people. I dont know if those work or not but I guess that couldnt hurt either
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Depends on the situation and what information you do have. If they were adopted, would have a different chain of events than say if you know your dad had a child before you were born and the mother raised them. Or, Or, Or. etc.
    Anonymous

• I went to www.43things.com and I found my dad and half brother after 18 years. GL!
    Anonymous

• If they are adults and you know their names, (boys, cause girls marry and change their names) and the approximate last state they lived in, call you telephone state directory assistance, That's how I found some cousins who led me to my half brother and stepbrother.
    Anonymous

• I tried myspace and found my brother. I actually put his name and the town he's in in google and the first result was his myspace lol. Or you can do a people search online.
    KareemsMami

Answer by KareemsMami at 12:48 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Try zabasearch.com thank you you just got me looking for my half sister... I found info on that site for her and hopefully will find her soon thanks again...
    ZachsMom325

Answer by ZachsMom325 at 2:26 PM on Jul. 2, 2009