My two year old son has had diarrhea for 10 days!!!

My two year old son went on vacation with my in-laws and had diarrhea the entire 7 days he was gone. Now he is back and this is day 10. He isnt eating much but drinks alot of fluids. What can I do to stop this. He hasnt had any other symptoms.

Gavsmama06

Asked by Gavsmama06 at 11:54 AM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Did they take him out of the country? It could be a lot of things. Did they possibly feed him something he is allergic to? When I was little I had it all the time. None of the Doctors could tell us why. Then we had tests run to say I couldnt stand any Dairy at all! I was lactose intolerant. as soon as i stopped eating Dairy I was fine
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I would take him to the doctor..Diarrhea for that long of time is not good. Even though he is drinking a lot of fluids, he could still get dehydrated. It could have been that he was just in unfamiliar surrounding and his body reacted that way, he could have ate something bad, or he could have a virus running through his system...EITHER WAY I WOULD TAKE HIM TO THE DOCTOR.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 11:58 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• My DD had this not too long ago. I thought there must be something wrong at like day 7 of having diarrhea filling 10 diapers a day! She stopped at like 11 days of having it. It was the that flu that ppl get where u have acute vomit or have diarrhea usually ppl get it for 3 or 4 days but it can last up to 14 days! I cant remember the name of it, its very common. So anyway I would give it another day or two & see if he starts to feel better if not then I would call ur doc to see what they say, weather they want to check him out or not.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 12:01 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• TAKE HIM TO THE DOCTOR. It could be a bacterial infection.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 12:03 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I'd definitely check in with the pedi. If you can get him to eat, be sure it's foods from the BRAT diet. Yogurt is great too because it'll help replenish the "good bacteria" to his digestive tract. Good luck!
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 12:05 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• My son (18months) had that too a few months ago ( then I got it from him) no fun!!! Anyway, the doctor just said to give him the BRAT diet. Bananas ,rice Applesauce, and Toast. No milk products and only pedialite or gatorade. Sure enough after a couple of weeks it ended. But during that time it was horrible, yes he had no appetite, and no milk products the entire time. I feel for you. It was a rough time.
    Alisamom

Answer by Alisamom at 10:58 PM on Jul. 3, 2009