I would like to know if you can record actual converstations on a cell phone

My husband came to me today and stated he has conversations that I have had with other men (sexual conversations) I wanted to know if this is true.....I have done this only to get back at him for soemthing he did I know it was not right but I confessed to him and apologized but he keeps bringing it up stating he knows there are other conversations and if I don't confess about them he is taking me to court and taking the kids I don't remember any other conversations and this was 2 years ago please advised can he record the conversations I have already talked to my cell phone company and was told the conversations are not recorded and the voicemail once deleted can not be traced.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• I agree he's playing mind games with you, texts aren't kept either except maybe through a court order way more important than cheating in a divorce. If husband did something most likely flirting or cheating that set you off and you retaliated same, maybe try personal counselling to not repeat and work through both partners' feelings of betrayal. That can either help you divorce more easily or get you back together. Either way at least you in counseling could feel better from it.

Anonymous

• I was going to respond if you didn't have anything to worry about then why ask? However you freely admit that you have done wrong.. So whether he recorded anything or not, he knows.. you know and good luck with the relationship!
    Anonymous

• .....I have done this only to get back at him for something he did

-Wow really no you did it cause you thought you were not gonna get caught. Grow up and take care of your kids. You got caught red handed and now you are trying to make an excuse.

Anonymous

• they are not admissible in court so even if he has them he'd get in trouble bc it's illegal to tape someone's conversation without telling them they are being taped. Even if it did get into court and was admissible and legal there is no proof that he didn't tell you to talk to those men like that as a turn on for him. he could have been right there in the room with you making you do it for his pleasure. he's better off keeping his mouth shut and sticking to the issues and not making things seem bad. There is no law against talking to men about sex either so he's sort of SOL. Call his bluff. Tell him to do what he thinks he has to do. He has nothing that can be used against you really

Answer by admckenzie at 1:37 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• p.s. you CAN tape without permission if you are a govt agency with a subpeona but not an individual trying to gather dirt on someone else.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:38 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• p.s.s. The more I think about this the madder I get with him and men like him. Tell him to kiss where the sun don't shine. They are bullies who think they can use scare tactics to get their way. Screw him. I'd tell him to sit down and listen while I call another one and learn something! If that's the only way he can get his Mini Him hard is by bullying you then he's not much of a man anyway

Answer by admckenzie at 1:40 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• sounds like someone is guilty.....
    Anonymous

• I know I am guilty about what I have done and I have confessed this is not about me getting caught because I confessed to what I have done my question was can calls on the cell phone be recorded?????????????
    Anonymous