should i get it or think of an alternative

my boyfriend has trust issuses. he thinks every girl is either going to treat him bad or leave him . he's a great guy and i love him . i promised him about two years ago that i would never break up with himand i did.we got back together but i wanna show him that this is real . i currently have one tattoo and it's my mother name ..i wanted to get his name to show him how much i care and that i want to bethere forever with him..the problem is that he's not a big fan of tattoos ..should i get it anyway or find aN ALTERNATIVE..IF SO WHAT

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• No, do NOT get the tattoo. It won't impress him and may just turn him off.

Honestly? Only cure is TIME and continuing to show love and affection.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:12 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• dont get a tattoo, what happens if God forbid he cheats on you (it can happen) or one of you fall out of love, those things are permanent. if u want to show him commitment, just be with him, allow him to eventually trust. i went through the same thing as your bf. just show him you love him by your actions. gl
    Anonymous

• JMO....I would never put/tattoo a mans on me. Even if I was married to him..You never know if you will break up..Then your stuck with his name on you foe ever.
    Find some other way.

Answer by louise2 at 12:16 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• You should never ever get a man's name tattooed on your body, no matter how much you love him or how long you've been together. You never know what could happen and then you have that name on you forever. Instead of his name, if you really want a tattoo, why not get something that he would like, but that wouldn't be so....specific to him? For example, say he loves horses, maybe get a horse? Or something like that. That could make him feel special, and if something happened in the future, you wouldn't be stuck with him name on you or explaining to new boyfriends why you have his name on you.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 12:31 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I would never promise I wouldn't break up with my so, unless through marriage. And even then, I've always had the philosophy of taking life as it comes. It, to me, is more honest and fair to yourself to have that outlook. When I'm committed to someone I've already made that commitment but why punish myself if that commitment doesn't work for life?
    You have a tattoo of your mother's name. That is wonderful, not for me, but wonderful. She gave you life. So your so, who you broke up recently, wants you to prove to him that your love for him will be as enduring as the love for your mom? I know that's not the point you're trying to make. But basically, I'd say no to the tattoo. Give him your love but don't make forever promises just to make him happier.
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 12:39 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Don't do it. Not his name anyway. If he has trust issues, he has trust issues. A tattoo, even marriage won't change that. Only time will.
    jill.a.k.a.mom

Answer by jill.a.k.a.mom at 12:53 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• NO a Tattoo isn't going to help his insecurities and trust issues.. In all honesty do you really want to have someone who doesn't trust you's name tattoo'd on your body???? His trust issues and insecurites prove to ME that he isn't ready for a serious commitment ( maybe he doesn't trust himself, ever think of that?) and a name tattooed on a body is a SERIOUS commitment ( one you will have to wear forever).. Don't do it!
    Anonymous

• First of all forever is a long time. There are no guarantees in life. I've had 3 husbands and all three probably meant the forever words when they said them but forever never made it. All three had my name tattooed on them and all three regret it now that they have other women in their life. I don't think tattooing yourself will prove anything. Just tell him that the best you can do is to spend each day showing him how much you love and appreciate him. That's honest and reasonable to believe. Forever may not be a reasonable goal to him but "now" is and each "now" until such time that there are no more "nows".

Answer by admckenzie at 1:30 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• sorry i don't see a tattoo as a way of proving your trustworthy or its forever
    I'd never tattoo a guy on me unless it was my son's name
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 1:42 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• NO>NO>NO! Dont do it! lol
    He can grow up..honestly..if he has issues and you have to constantly "prove" you are trustworthy, I would leave him..let him grow up a bit
    Anonymous