does anyone get phantom voices through their baby monitors???

I dont need a baby monitor, because i am co-sleeping and slinging, but my MIL got one for me today from goodwill. To make sure it worked, i plugged the first one in of the two ( theres a big one and two small ones, i think the big one is for the parents and the two smaller ones you put in with the child(ren). It yielded nothing but static. I tried the second one(same channel) and it started talking to me!!! i tried turning on the big one when the little one was on and it stopped talking to me!!!! Im afraid to turn on just the big one, cause what if they hear me listening in? Is this spying? HELP!!!

PS How far does the frequency of the Graco baby monitor travel?

babyloverami

Asked by babyloverami at 12:40 AM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Just for Fun

• lol, well it is kinda spying, but how would they ever know right? I used to pick up our neighbors, but I would just turn it off, when my oldest was just born I would hear a baby crying and assume it was my baby and ask the hubby to check on him, and he would be sound asleep, it was the neighbors, totally spooked me. Also I don't know if you believe in spirits etc.. but I have read that people have heard noices voices etc. I think it was just the neighbors but it always spooked me.
    ProudMammaBear

Answer by ProudMammaBear at 12:53 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• actually, it's the big one that goes in the baby's room and the two smaller ones are the ones you listen to. there are two so you can just put them in different rooms in the house so you can always here. it's not just on baby monitors either, this happend to me through an answering machine. i could hear truckers talking to each other on their cb radios. i listened in, but it wasn't anything good.
    SamsMom125

Answer by SamsMom125 at 2:26 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• What a scream!..excuse the pun!...Who needs tv anymore..you have reality tv coming to you live. I would be paranoid too ..if I can hear them can they hear me. This is sure to be someone else in your neighbor hood on the same frequency. We had this happen with our neighbors and our walkie talkies...I am a jokester so of course I had fun with them... "Hello, I can hear you...this is the FBI..you are surrounded, come out with your hands up". They laughed and laughed. What you do with your "problem " is up to you and what you think is right. I would be afraid of what I may hear. I have heard of a woman "overhearing" a murder plot. Some things are better left alone..this baby monitor may just need to find another home.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 4:48 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• See, the last person that had them dropped them at Goodwill because they realized that they were possessed. They are picking up signals from a parallel universe. Be careful! Your baby might get pulled into it...

(Now back to my bottle of wine...)

halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 1:20 PM on Jun. 22, 2008