whould you be able to move?

I've always dreamed about moving to florida. It's a perfect location for me:) I love the weather (humidity dosn't bother me at all) I love that life style, I love everything about Florida so does my hubby. But we lived in NYC all our lives and our relatives live here and his buisness is here....But I find us talking about it more and more...
would you go for it? whould you be able to do this life changing move?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Travel

• We plan on moving when the kids graduate from school. All of our family is here but I hate the winter. The schools are good for the kids but the economy sucks right now. I started a home business so my goal is when the kids graduate we can move and don't need to look for jobs we will take ours with us. We do a lot of day dreaming about moving also but we have 5 years to wait.
    Kari126

Answer by Kari126 at 9:44 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I'd get a timeshare or condo down there and spend vacations there. In time, when retirement rolled around, for example, then you'd already be familiar with the area and have a place to stay.

Answer by Bmat at 12:26 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• only you two can make this decision. If its something you can agree upon why not.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 12:26 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Yep! Especially with a dh! We've always dreamed of moving too! We will one day. Sell the business and use the proceeds to start a new one! Invite your friends to Florida, who doesn't want to vacation in Florida? :)
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 12:27 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• We live on a beach in FL and I do agree with you, it is great! But right now the economy is terrible! The unemployment rate is around 11% statewide and higher in certain areas. The good news is home prices are at an all time low because about 25% of the houses are in foreclosure, so if you have the money, you could snatch a house or condo up pretty cheap. However, the best idea on here is to check out a timeshare or vacation club here. I belong to a really good vacation club that has a ton of resorts in FL, plus lots more across the US, but the majority are in FL. If you want info then send me a message. Another thing to remember is that it is one thing when you are on vacation and quite another when you live there. We learned that lesson from the brief amount of time that we moved to CO. It was GREAT when we visited, but living with snow sucks. You might find that living in the heat and humidity sucks.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 1:48 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Not 'til the stepkids are 18 unless we agree to forego the geographical restriction. :)

But no, as much as we dream about moving our entire families are here and his mother would just follow us...
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 2:49 AM on Jul. 4, 2009