whould you be able to move?

I've always dreamed about moving to florida. It's a perfect location for me:) I love the weather (humidity dosn't bother me at all) I love that life style, I love everything about Florida so does my hubby. But we lived in NYC all our lives and our relatives live here and his buisness is here....But I find us talking about it more and more...
would you go for it? whould you be able to do this life changing move?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Heck ya! And I'm sure you hubby can just open up his business in FL! GL!!

Anonymous

• No,, not unless one or both of us had a job down there. Before we moved. You can write your move off on your taxes if you have a job before you move.

Answer by louise2 at 12:38 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Take a side trip down there first. Scout out locations and jobs, Good luck!!
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 12:44 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I was only 11 when we moved across country but my parents did it. Both their entire families are 3,000 miles away and they were pretty much the first in the family to ever move far away. It is hard, espcially at holidays because you're used to everyone around and then all of a sudden there's nobody. I mean of course you can always go visit but it's not like you can go every holiday, every year (unless of course you CAN). But I like to say that it's the best and worst thing to ever happen to me. On one hand I grew up without the security of a close knit family but on the other hand I grew up free from all the drama and scrutiny that is my family!
    Anonymous

• We moved to Florida 4 years ago. My dh had a good job but we hated the cold weather. We LOVE it here! There is so much to do and a million beaches. We have resident passes to all the theme parks.We have a beautiful home with an inground , screened in pool and we rent for $875.00 a month. It took a few years for dh to find a good job here and we started small but it was worth it. We are 45 minutes north of Tampa and people call this burrough 6 because most residents are from NEW YORK!
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 1:18 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• NYC is like its own planet. There is NO place like it on earth. This would be a very big adjustment. No snow, no turning leaves, no great food right around the corner unless you are in Miami or some other metropolis. Are you sure he can be as sucessful there as he is in NY. Are there children to consider?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:33 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Some people love Flordia and some just do not like it. I have lived here for almost 18 yrs and I just hate the huge roaches, bugs everywhere, and the old people who likes to move in a speed of 10 to 5 miles an hour..both driving and in stores. I would check it out more like a vaction before making the final move. I like Flordia because I have a Flordia pure redneck man and if I leave Flordia he will not go...*sigh*
    BrknWingAngel

Answer by BrknWingAngel at 2:11 PM on Jul. 2, 2009