ALSO another question about my 11 month old lol so many Q'S

even if shes tired but awake and i put her in the crib, she used to just play and be happy and be ok when i walk out but now i walk out and she goes baaaalistic. she cries so hard like im leaving her, same w/ daddy. she cries if i dont come to her. even if i just put her in there real quick to brush my teeth and shes not tired...she cries. im sure cause shes older and wants to play and crawl around but its like 2 mins of non stop crying cause i have to go to the bathroom and i dont want her to roam around while im in there cus she gets into EVERYTHING. im wondering if she has seperation anxiety. ive been around her since birth at home w/ her. shes been around family twice..we stayd at my momns house for 2 months..and her dad didnt come...then we came back here and she saw daddy. and left my moms. its like she thinks people are disappearing or will go away if they leave her cause shes left home before. i dunno maybe im wrong.

blueside22

Asked by blueside22 at 12:35 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Maybe next time, take her in the bathroom with you and set her on the bathroom counter and let her "help" with brushing your teeth, or have her sit on a potty chair when you go...get her involved while you are doing things, maybe that will help.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:38 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Either separation anxiety or soemthing in the room is scaring her? LIke I said in the other question, be consistant. That's the best thing for her. Over time she'll learn that you are ocming back. When you go back to the room after you let her cry, does she calm down or do you have to pick her up?
    Anonymous

• It's separation anxiety and yes, another normal part of babyhood.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:49 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I know a lady with twins, she could not leave them alone to even to to the bathroom. She put them in the tub while she was doing her business.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:57 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I have a 10 month old and she does that. If I have to pee she has to just deal for 2 min. Your baby just doesn't want to miss anything!
    Lauren24

Answer by Lauren24 at 1:01 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• A lot of children go through stages where they're fine playing alone, putting themselves to sleep, etc. Then the next month the thought of playing alone or putting themselves to sleep is a horrible idea. My son is nine months old and right now is in a stage where I can lay him in his crib with a bottle, turn on his music, and walk out and he puts himself to sleep. Whereas the month before he would scream and fuss in his crib until we rocked him to sleep. It's the same with what toys they play with, which foods the eat, etc.

I don't think it's seperation anxiety that your DD is going through, but more of a stage. She may feel more comforted by you putting her to sleep then she did before. A lot of children go through stages where one month they could care less if you're in the room, when the next month all they want is you. It's perfectly natural.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:38 PM on Jul. 2, 2009