Do you know people who carelessly have babies like its nothing?

I have a friend who moved in with a guy after knowing him 1 week and had his kid less than a year later. Actually stayed with him almost 3 yrs and left him. 3 months later was pregnant to a guy and didn't even know his last name. Found him for child support cause he was out on parole and was already in the system. That baby is 7 months and she is now pregnant to guy #3 after 2 months together. She calls me for money, babysitting and I don't feel bad for her. She wont get a job and this guy don't even work. All she is worried about is losing her foodstamps if she marries him. She lives at home with her parents. Admits to poking holes in condoms. I have been married for 5 years, have a 4 year old and am in college for another 2 yrs. She keeps asking me when I am having another one. I just don't get her at all. She asked for money for her daughters birthday for school stuff. But she spends the child support on her 2 cell phones.

ThatBoysMom

Asked by ThatBoysMom at 12:54 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yes. My grandsons mother (son's ex-wife) is 20 years old (21 at the end of this month) and she has a 4yo, a 3yo (my grandson), an almost 2yo and a newborn. They all have different dad's and she was married to my son when she got pregnant with her 3rd child by someone else and she & my son divorced last March, she married last June to her 3rd child's dad and then in JJuly she got pregnant by someone else and is currently going though a 2nd divorce. At 20. She just has babies like it's nothing at all in this world to do so.
    Anonymous

• Yes she is pregnatn with her 7th and neither of them has jobs
    Anonymous

• Yes, I have a cousin who has kids with every guy she's with or seeing. She has a boy from a guy she was with for awhilw a girl with a guy she hooked-up with I never met the guy she has twin boys and a baby boy from the guy she is currently with.

My grandma raises her first two and she has the other three only because she is still with the baby's daddy. Sad situation tho drugs and not very good parenting.
    Anonymous

• yes.
    isnt it sad?
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:58 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• *awhile
    Anonymous

• Yes. I also know people that have multiple babies with multiple guys just to get more money from the government. What the hell happened to society?
    twocutetwins09

Answer by twocutetwins09 at 1:00 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• well I dont think that they carelessly have babies,I think they don't know what they want in life.But its still no excuse to have tons of kids and no way of supporting them
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 1:00 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I know of a girl that I went to highschool with...though she doesn't have a ton of kids, she currently only has one...but the Dad of her daughter COMPLETELY denies that it's his...and since he denies it, she tries to deny he's the Dad too, even though that little girl looks exactly like him. So he hasn't been a part of their life...since her daughter she's probably been with a minimum of 8+ different guys, was engaged to 3 of them, a couple of them more than once.
    Just recently she got with a guy (one of DH's ex-highschool friends) and within just a few days of dating, they were talking about getting married and HAVING A BABY! And they did end up getting married after not even two weeks of getting together...and I know they've been trying to get her pregnant before they even made it official that they were dating!!!! Completely crazy...but she isn't pregnant yet...or at least I haven't heard that she is...
    IDIOTS!!
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 1:18 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• unfortunately I know 1 person like that. I can't stand her or even want to be around her... unfortunately her mom married into my family so I have to see her at some family functions.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:23 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I went to college with a girl like this. The only thing different with her was that her 3 kids all had the same daddy (or so she claimed). But she popped one out about every 18 months, was on PA & food stamps & had been attending community college for 6 years. She kept changing her major every time she would get close to finishing a degree so that way she kept getting financial aid & grants & didn't have to get a real job. And yes, she admitted flat out that she was doing this.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 1:43 PM on Jul. 2, 2009