What is the BEST first sippy cup?

Which sippy cup did you have the best luck with and how old did you start your baby on it? I was looking at the really little (4 oz) nubby one with the soft spout, any one have any experiences with these?

Katie0224

Asked by Katie0224 at 1:21 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son doesn't like the soft spout ones. He is so picky about his sippy. Of course the free sippy I got from juicy juice that you can't find in stores is his favorite one. The ones with the straw spouts are really hard to clean.
    Anonymous

• These are the ones we liked the best.
    Photobucket
    Those nuby ones are ok, but if your kid chews on it AT ALL, the nipple will leak everywhere. It cost as much to buy a new nipple for it, as it does to buy a new cup. Which I thought was a huge waste of plastic.
    Both of my younger ones LOVED the Avent ones, and they lasted forever.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:49 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Depends on your baby. We bought a few different kind before we found one that my son would take.
    He likes the gerber ones... but we also had some nuby, soothie and some other kind too and he didn't understand how to work them.
    He also likes the straw cups.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 2:19 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• My son (started him on a sippy at eight months, he's now nine months) really enjoys the Nuk Orthodonic First Sippy Cup with the soft spout. It has handles for easy handling and is only four oz's, which is perfect to give him juice in.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:22 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Gerber NUK Learner CupThis was the only sippy cup my son would take at first.  After that we could introduce others.  We started the sippy cup at 6 months.

FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 2:59 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• The best one is the one you figure out the baby will take.

We went through about 5 different ones before discovering the Nuby cup. They all took it and stayed on it until we switched to a straw at a year.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:33 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• We use the Nuk Orthodonic First Sippy Cup and the Nuby sippy cups. We started giving her the nuk cup at 4 months occationally. At 6 months she drank juice and formula out of a sippy. She likes to drink milk from the nuk cup and juice from the nuby cup. She won't take any other cup right now and sometimes it makes it difficult because nuk doesn't make a bigger cup from what i have seen. She drinks more than 5 oz of milk before bed and it's a hassle to keep filling the cup up and start the bed time routine all over again it seems.
    Abby1108

Answer by Abby1108 at 3:37 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I don't think my husband even let me buy few kinds to let my baby chose one. He ll buy one and say that’s it ( you better take it). I am so mad at him, I told him my friend told me about teething medicine that really works good. My husband said he already got most of his teeth so we don't need it. My son got only 5 of his teeth. When he gets home from work he going to say i was just joking. He says that to every thing he does wrong.
    Anonymous