how do i tell my boyfriend we're having twins?

i just went for my fisrt ultrasound today and my boyfriend wasn't able to come with me... but i found out that we're going to be having twins! i'm really excited.. but i know he won't be.. he's really not that happy that we're pregnant. i just don't know how to tell him without making him angry.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• why would he be angry about it..if he's happy having one then it's just double the pleasure! just sit him down and if you got a pic of them from the u/s show him that and see what he says and just tell him hey hunny we are having twins!
    Anonymous

• hubby mine's a twin and i have two sets of aunts and uncles who are twins. Just say hon guess what we hit a twoferone sale you know buy one get one we're having one baby and a bonus!

Whether its's multiples or singles a lot of men aren't prepared for kids til they're done paying their share of kids' wedding!!!!! Best of luck momma Enjoy!!! Twins even as adults are hilarious!!!
    Anonymous

• If he gets angry that is his problem not your's. Tell him and if he acts like an ass about it, tell him to get over it. I can get not expecting a baby, but I hate when I hear about some guy being a complete ass about it. Tell him that you are excited about, and unless he has something nice to say to shut the hell up. I am sorry I don't mean to be hostile. I just hate that you are excited, but have to worry about how he will react. Good luck, and congrats on the babies.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 1:27 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• i would tell him that you have some exciting news. show him the u/s pic and tell him that y'all are going to be having twins. if he gets angry about it, then oh well. he'll eventually get over it, esp when he's able to see and feel them move.
    and if he's mad about being pg, then tell him he knows how it happens and should have taken some precaution. he might just need to time to calm down about it. how old are y'all?
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 1:32 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• i'm 18
    Anonymous

• is he the same age? if he is, he's probably just angry bc he thinks that his life will be over. in which it's not. it's the start of a new life, well in your case 2. yes, for a while, he won't be able to do stuff, if he's a good guy and will help you out. but, later on, he will be. and there's no need for you to be stressing out. the babies feel how you are feeling. so, no need to stress them out. have y'all sat down and talked everything out? addressed each others concerns?
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 2:00 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• he's 19.. so theres a year between us.. not a huge difference. but he's just afraid that he's going to give up his life and everything. so we're working on it. like we've already decided to move to where he's going to school.. so that he can go to his dream college and keep his parents happy.. so i'm pretty much giving up my life for him to be happy.. but someday i hope that he'll be happy with the descisions we made.
    Anonymous

• i would sit down with him again and put everything out on the table.
    he's not the only one that needs to be happy. you and your babies also need happiness.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 2:18 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• just tell him
    Anonymous