Does anyone have or had the mirena & does it cause you cramping? Do you like it?

I was thinking about changing my bc from the mini pill to the mirena, but I've heard bad things about it & am nervous. I already have 3 kids & want bc for at least 5 years. I have had problems with cysts.

luvmyangels3

Asked by luvmyangels3 at 1:34 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Health

• Hey girl! I just had my mirena removed. I loved how I never had to think about the birth control but I had cramps and bleeding all the time for the 2 years I was on it. And because it had hormones that go through your blood stream I had headaches ever day. So when I went to have it removed it HAD MOVED I was so upset here I was thinking I had 99% fool proof birth control and I could have gotten pregnant. I was so upset. I think it just depends on the person but there are several other questions like this read them and see their comments too.
    ainstalshia

Answer by ainstalshia at 11:57 AM on Jul. 6, 2009

• I have the Mirena and love it. I did cramp up the day I got it, but that was it. I don't get a period at all anymore and it is so nice not having to remember to take something every single day. The Mirena gave me freedom.
    KlousMomi

Answer by KlousMomi at 3:45 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Try a diaphram. It has no side effects. It is hormone free. It does not have a history of class action lawsuits and infertility. It is instantly reversible.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:47 PM on Jul. 2, 2009