Summertime Curfew?

My dd is 13 and we are discussing what type of curfew to set in place in the summer. Dh is think 9Pm, and I am thinking that might be a little too early for her age.
Do you change your teens curfew in the summer months?

WishyClarkson

Asked by WishyClarkson at 1:34 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• i think 11 or even midnight is fine. just know where she is and hows shes getting home and if thats all set, and you trust what shes doing, why not let her enjoy her summer and being a kid? especially if she does good in school all year.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:56 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I tell mine to come inside when it is too dark to see outside...unless he has already told me he is in someone elses house playing...he is 13. It always just depends on the situation at the time.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:40 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I agree with dh unless she is at a friends house or the movies or something, then I allow a later time.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 1:44 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• my 13 yr old sister has until 10 pm in the summer although when she starts her college bound program at sonoma state university in a few weeks its 9 pm so she can rest up and not be a b!tc# lol
    Crushersmommy

Answer by Crushersmommy at 2:39 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• When i was 13 I was able to stay out till 10 as long as i told my parents where i was. And i couldnt be out later then that because 10 was the time all the kids had to be in. Or the cops would pick us up and take us home and we would get in alot of trouble. The only time i was able to stay out later then that was if we were at the skating rink till midnight and then my parents would pick me and my friends up and make rounds to all the houses to drop everyone off.
    Anonymous