Why are famous people idolized so much?

People treat them like gods, I swear. They sing, they act, and entertain, but geesh, they're people with talents. Everyone has a talent of some kind. It's just that acting and singing has been stereotyped in to a "more important" talent. I love movies and music, but do I care that this famous person took a stroll in the park today? Or that famous person is out partying every night? No. It's the movies and music i'm in to, not every little pathetic detail of these people's lives and IMO, it's stupid. They get huge media coverage for wearing designer clothes, shoes, their hair, make-up, what they did today, and everything. Does anyone else think they have went way too far with these people?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think it is part of the kind of being that we are. We are herd animals, we like to do what everyone else is doing. So when we see "everyone" else enjoying or admiring a person, we feel inclined to admire them also. It is also a technique used in advertising- watch the ads, frequently they'll say something such as, don't be the only one on your block to not have white laundry, or millions of satisfied customers, or thousands have lost weight using weight be gone. and so forth. Of course as thinking beings also, we don't have to place the celebrity on a pedestal, we can make up our own minds whether to go along with the crowd or not.

Answer by Bmat at 1:56 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Jealous much??
    Anonymous

• I've wondered too. It's a bit insane
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 2:58 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Wow you're dumb 2nd anon. This question doesn't sounds jealous in any way.
    Anonymous