lets do a reliigon switch !

random idea......two ppl partner up....we all get someone.
person A tells person b, ok study this passage of the bible and tell me what you think (to a non christian) person B says ok, study this text about buddhism or this text about judaism etc etc..whatever their religion might be....
its not converting. but a way for two ppl to learn something more about another religion, and hey you never know.......you imght find something that makes senes to you.

ive been told more than once that i should study the bible more......i do own a bible..2 actually. but im not christian. soo if someone wants to swap with me, ill read and study wahtever passage you dictate, and ill give you one of mine...warning im very eclectic so you might gte something buddhist, something pagan lol...

RULES. NO BASHING..BE NICE...try to see it from their perspective and yours, be mature about this. no judging or going omg are you serious that is dumb.

moki1984

Asked by moki1984 at 1:55 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm willing. I'm an Eclectic Pagan Witch but i'll take someone on! yeah. i love learning about religions.
    you'll have to be patient though. i dont technically own any bibles. I'll have to go to my deceased mothers storage and find one in there.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:10 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I'll have to go to my deceased mothers storage and find one in there.

sacred-texts.com has free copies of every version of the bible ever printed - along with pretty much every other religious text of any religion you can name.

And I'll play along.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:12 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• That is such a neat idea! I would love to participate.

I'm a Christian, but I'd love to read up on ANY religion - it's all so fascinating to me.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 2:18 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• ok well.....who wants to be my person lol.
    im a mut...go some buddhis, pagan, spirtualist,god etc stuff going on.....
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 2:51 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I'd say wait a little longer til you get more answers. I can think of a few more Christians who will probably be interested but aren't online til night
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:53 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Oh i want a go! I am shamanistic with eclectic paganism. Let me know when we start. (I will try to keep tabs bt feel free to pm me. What about starting a group for this?
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 3:02 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I'd be game, but I'm Christian Universalist, so I kind of pull from all different faiths, the Abrahamic religions more than the rest, but I do pull from more than just those, so I'm not sure how/what I would share text-wise.... I am least familiar with Paganism/Wicca faiths, if that helps in terms of picking who/what I'm paired with...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 3:24 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I'm curious...why are there Christians in here willing to do this?!? Opening your mind to other religions and accepting some of their beliefs is idolatry.  Jesus said "A man cannot serve two masters, because he will hate the one, and love the other."  You can't believe that Jesus is the only way, and then embrace "some" pagan ideals. That is trying to serve two masters!  Christian ladies... please... either you believe Jesus is the only way, and that no one gets to the Father except through Him, or you don't.  "Wide is the path that leads to destruction."

brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 4:23 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I'm curious...why are there Christians in here willing to do this?!?

Judge much?
    Anonymous

• Well seeing as no one is converting but are instead simply learning about another's belief, I don't see why anyone would be opposed to such an idea, Christian or not. We are not "serving another master" we are simply learning about another's beliefs. I'm game! Count me in. I'm an SDA Christian.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 4:58 PM on Jul. 2, 2009