• In the Spotlight:

Could someone please explain to me, why we can't eat native elk? I just came back from vacation in wyoming, where there are SO many elk - yet apparently it's illigal to eat them if they are from here. We have to buy them from some other country. (i can't remember where) but can anyone explain this to me?? Wouldn't we make jobs for ourselves etc., if we were able to farm them here? There seems to be enough....?

Tiffany8168

Asked by Tiffany8168 at 2:01 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Sorry I can't remember the last time I had an appetite for elk.
    Anonymous

• let me add - i don't eat elk, lol. i don't eat any of those game things... but i need to know the answer bc it is driving me crazy.
    Tiffany8168

Answer by Tiffany8168 at 2:20 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• maybe they are endagered here?
    Anonymous

• If you go hunting and kill one you can eat them... but I'm not sure why they can't process and sell them... I know there are deer farms where they raise and process deer meat, i'm not sure why thay can't do that with elk meat.
    SouthernRoses

Answer by SouthernRoses at 2:51 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• where do they sell deer meat? I love deer meat and it's so much healthier for people who are anemic. I can't hunt anymore no where to hunt no gun etc, and would LOVE to find somewhere to buy it.
    Tygermommanikki

Answer by Tygermommanikki at 3:13 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• CWD-
    http://gf.state.wy.us/services/education/cwd/index.asp
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 9:17 AM on Jul. 4, 2009