• In the Spotlight:

What is a Safe and Effective Insect Repellent?

Will be outside a lot this coming weekend and need an insect repellent for my 11 month old. Just wondering what is safe and what actually works if anyone has had experience with this. I read to make sure it has DEET in it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:02 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• OK, that makes no sense. DEET is the worst ingredient. LOL You want something that is DEET free. Go to a search engine and type in organic insect repellent.
    vnw1405

Answer by vnw1405 at 2:25 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I was just doing the same search.. & my pharmacist handed me( lol...Reading off the box) 'Skintastic' by OFF Family Care Towelettes. Especially formulated to repel West Nile Infected Mosquitoes. ... It works great on my 10 month old... Just dont put it one her face.. but the towel make is so easy to use.. & it smells awsome!!! :)
    LiLMama923

Answer by LiLMama923 at 2:25 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• LOL.. Yea Deet is not good for babies sensitive skin... but these towelettes have aloe vera in them & they make her skin really soft!!! They come in a orange & pink box!!!! THer great im tellin you!!!
    LiLMama923

Answer by LiLMama923 at 2:27 PM on Jul. 2, 2009