What is a good big Christmas present for a 20 month old?

He will be 20 months in December?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Holidays

• match box cars and empty boxes filled with nothing for him to built forts with!!!
    Anonymous

• My son loves his tricycle. He also enjoys cars, blocks, dinosaurs, balls, puzzles, and anything he can climb in or on.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:09 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• His own little recliner or chair. My DD just gt one for her 1st Birthday. She doesn't sit on it yet but it is adorable and just the perfect size. Big Lots has them for $30!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 2:40 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Why?
    Anonymous

• Um, bc I want ideas for my son's Christmas present. Why else?
    Anonymous

• Last year we bought our son a little boys workbench. That was his big toy.

You could also look into getting him a powerwheels made just for small toddlers.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 6:24 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Could someone please explain to me the link between "big gifts" and Christmas? I understand the concept of token gifts that symbolize the gifts brought to the Baby Jesus, but I don't understand the leap to spending hundreds of dollars on a toddler.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:39 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Anon just bc you don't understand does not mean my son should only get token crap that he would never play with. The big gift we get him will be his only present besides his stocking. Why don't you come back to reality and realize the whole world isn't just like you and get over yourself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:20 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• When my son was 18 months old we got him a indoor/outdoor tent. Almost a year later he still plays with in it almost daily. They also have indoor/outdoor tables, they're cheaper and at walmart, the tables come out with two fold out chairs and has an umbrella. The great thing is that the table tops are magic erase boards. My son is also a bike fanatic, and any kind of tonka trucks are great. I know how it is to want your child's Christmas to be special. Christmas does include giving, whatever you can give. It doesn't matter if the toy is 20 dollars or 200 dollars. It's the meaning of Christmas that should be remembered. Nobody should put a mother down for wanting her toddler to have a wonderful Christmas....
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 10:11 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I think the other posters idea's were good and several were my own idea's.

About the other poster who is asking "why". I dont think she is out of line. She wasnt rude. She asked why. I too think the amount of money spent on Christmas gets out of hand. I dont think a 20month old really cares if its a "big gift" or a small gift. They have more fun unwrapping. Its the parents that have the problem.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 7:05 AM on Jul. 4, 2009