i want another baby but my husband dont

he thinks if we had another hes worried he wont care as much as it as he does our little boy which is 2. i really want to have a baby , what can i do to make him change his mind?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my sit. is opposite so it works..oh gosh i dunno... we have a 10 month old little girl... & i always tell him i want another one!!! I get soo excited over every little girly thing.. & he tells me im a dork.. or something.. SO I TOLD HIM>>>If we have a lil' boy you can get so excited over all the lil' boy stuff.. cars hunting etc.....so he thought about it & the next week we were trying.. hasnt happened yet.. but hopefully soon! Just explain to him.. that you wana have that special mother daughter bond.. like daddys & sons do... you have to pass all your feminine knowledge to someone!!! & you its always better when your children have siblings.. they learn faster & to share & etc.. ;) Well good luck to you.. I hope it all works out!!!!
    LiLMama923

Answer by LiLMama923 at 2:18 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I'm in the same boat... my son is 15 months and I have been asking since my son was 3 months old because I want them close in age! We'll I keep telling my husband that our son will be 2 when the baby is born and thats a good age gap. He's scared that he won't be able to take care of our son and a newborn by himself since I work second (but only 10 days a month) I tell him it wouldn't be that bad and he would do fine. He also wants to buy a house first. (we rent) but I want to have 20% down for a house and we don't have that now. But we have an extra bedroom in the house we rent and so we'd have plenty of room for another baby. Meh. As bad as I want it, I know that he will come around when he is ready :) I just have to be patient. It will happen when its meant to and when your hubby decides hes ready he will be excited throughout the whole thing instead of not excited. :) Good luck thougH!
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 2:52 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Have you discussed how many children you want?

We were kind of in the same situation. DH and I knew we only wanted 2 kids. Our son is 13 months and we started discussing TTC #2 the last few months. We were going to wait until next summer, but after further discussion, we decided to try now. I didn't mind being pregnant, but it wasn't the best thing. To me, I feel like "Let's just get it over with, have our 2nd baby, and then be done with our family". So that's what we're going to do :)

Good luck with everything. I know it can be difficult, but just keep discussing things with DH.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 3:15 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• i guess your assed out
    Anonymous

• I think you both need to sit down.. and write up a list of pros and cons on having a baby right now..

ex. financially, can you afford to..
    will you have enough time to juggle a new baby, a toddler, and work..
    etc. work through it with him..
    one of three things will happen..1- you'll see now is not a good time and that's why he is scared about it because the cons outweigh the pros...2- the pros will outweigh the cons and he will see this and decide to go for it...
    or 3- the pros will still outweigh the cons, but he really just doesn't want another baby..

either way.. it's between him and you and is definitely something you both need to further discuss.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:38 PM on Jul. 2, 2009