If I'm newly pregnant, how can I get a good job???

I just recently found out I was pregnant again. Instead of my husband getting a second job, is there any way I would be able to get a good, reliable job?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Money & Work

• I add to my husbands income by working at home. For more information go here:

http://www.procardinternational.com/CarynL4714

Anonymous

• I got a job at 4 months pregnant. Walked in belly and all after getting fired from a place. They hired me on the spot because of my skills. Go to a temp agency usually they can help you get temp jobs. Which maybe good because you will have several appointments coming up in the future. The only downside is no paid maternity leave.
    Anonymous

• If you're not showing, you don't have to tell them right away. It's illegal to discriminate as long as you can still do the job.

If you're just looking for extra cash I have a blog with some good sites on it. http://www.tarasextraincome.blogspot.com

And if you're interested in a real wah job, I do pretty well with mine. http://www.freedomathometeam.com/tcarter
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 3:41 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• You can work from home with our company! Never have to go in to work again! I love this company and everything that they stand for and have to offer but be advised there are scams that dont work out, believe me l have been there done that. I FINALLY came across work at home united and again I love this company and I am sure being as you are a mom or mom-to-be you will too!! I am trying to tell everyone that I know about this company! Especially women with kids. I honestly wish I had of found this out sooner but anyways, a little about what I do... I am a referral coordinator. I do not, I repeat, do NOT sell, stock or deliver products, do not have inventory, very very little paperwork (if any) This is a wellness company that is an honest company. They have been awarded by the better business bureau (that right there told me it was legit) for more information about this company go to www.workathomeunited.com/heathers
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 4:02 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• First, if you are not showing, there is no reason to tell an employer or potential employer that you are pregant.
    Second, it is illegal to discriminate against a pregnant woman; it is illegal to ask her what her child care arrangements are.
    I do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms (and dads) with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview preparation. Feel free to contact me directly –Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 4:39 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I got hired at 6 months pregnant at my current job after being laid off (I suspect it was because I was pregnant but can't prove that, from another employer). I was upfront about it (I could still wear non maternity clothes when I interviewed), told them after baby is born I am willing to work from home/strange hours until baby gets into a routine/a little older (like 6 weeks) since they don't offer FMLA (not required as they don't have 50 employees and I'm only a part time employee). Be upfront about it once you start to show and work with them to get the work done while you are out after having baby (maybe work from home or wierd hours, etc...). The right company will appreciate your honesty and work with you.
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 6:11 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Like stated about you don't have to tell them right away if you're not showing you can get away with it. However, you are going to have to stop for a while when the baby does get here so why not just stay home. Ameriplan is your own business, not like a regular job where you can get laid off from! You work your own hours and the income is great. Plus if you are newly pregnant you could work really hard at it now to build it then take a break when the baby gets here but still have money coming in. Our pay is daily as well as residual EVERY month. So you do something once and keep getting paid over and over :) you can visit my site if you want more info or simply shoot me an email, I'd love to help. I have a 1yr old daughter and I am also 25 weeks with our 2nd girl!! www.IBOPlus.com/ChristinaDennis
    ChristinaDennis

Answer by ChristinaDennis at 8:55 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I am a Mom to four great kids. I get to stay home and raise them and not worry about costly daycare. I have teamed up with a wellness company which has blessed my family more than words can say. I am helping Moms nationwide do the same thing. If you are serious and want something that will provide extra income, then request more information on my website. www.familiesrok.com

Good luck and God bless,
    Tiffany
    tneeley

Answer by tneeley at 5:05 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I have been a stay at home mom for almost 5 years, now. I love the job I have. It's super easy.
    Check out my website, and let me know if I can answer any question, or help with anything.
    http://www.scentsy.com/My2Scents
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 9:58 PM on Jul. 5, 2009