Should I ask my husbands ex-girlfriend questions about him?

My husband's the hardest person in the world to understand. I may end up leaving. Sometimes I just want to know how someone else ever put up w/ him. To contact his ex could be the source of a wealth of information, right? Good or bad idea?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• BAD BAD BAD idea
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:11 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• He's extremely hard to deal with in society's reasonable situations that a lot of other men you know of and strangers too deal with? since's he's got an ex you just answered your own question.
    Anonymous

• Bad, bad, bad, bad idea! She's an ex for a reason. Why would you think that she understood him better than you did? He married you not her. That means that he felt like you got him better than anyone else. Don't go seeking info from a failed relationship, you'll be asking for faulty info.

If you want to talk to someone who knows him better than anyone else, then talk to his mother.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 2:13 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Tell husband ya'll gotta do better and get counselling. Go yourself if you have to. Give him an ultimatum if he won't initially go with you that he's got x long to join you or he's out and stick to it.
    Anonymous

• More mothers of adult men who have partners, married or not, still baby those adult men. I'd choose the counselling.
    Anonymous

• You know I have a really good relationship with my SO ex and her and I talk about what she had problems with him and what not. They have two children together and I have known her longer then him. I would talk with her if you two can be adults about it and see what you get out of it. Don't believe everything she saids just hear her out and see what comes out it.
    Good Luck and I hope that you can understand where shes coming from also.
    Anonymous

• Why did you marry him in the first place. Since he is a hard person to understand!
    Anonymous

• Every relationship is its own individual relationship. Her personality is different than yours and could have brought out things in him that you are unable to and vice-versa.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:19 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• You would pick your husband's ex girlfriend to discuss your marital problems with, rather than a marriage counselor or.... [hello!] your husband?!!? No. Calling the ex girlfriend would not be a wealth of information, it would be a wealth of problems.
    CoolGirlChris

Answer by CoolGirlChris at 2:32 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• BAD!!!! you dont want to hear about there relationships trust me!!!!
    mommy2b17MV

Answer by mommy2b17MV at 2:32 PM on Jul. 2, 2009