• In the Spotlight:

Do you think that this mom has a mental problem?

I have a friend who is a stay at home mom. I've noticed that she tends to move her furniture constantly. Is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I move my furniture around too :) i get bored of seeing it in the same spot every day, so when it's time for a deep cleaning, every month or so, i get everything out (i'm serious) clean an vacuum the sofa and all soft stuff and re arrange them. My husband thinks i'm crazy too, LOL, but he sure enjoys the results. And i'm a stay at home mom too- Maybe it comes in our job description: "Must be a little crazy and be able to move stuff around periodically" ;)
    Lara_sMommy

Answer by Lara_sMommy at 3:46 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I would say yes. A lot of people just get bored and like to change the look of their house.

Anonymous

• Constantly as in every few months or constantly as in everyday? I wouldn't think she has mental problems because she changes the furniture around. Maybe she hasn't found a way in which she likes the furniture arranged yet and so she keeps trying to she does.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 2:16 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I do like to arrange my living room once in a while. Have you heard of feng shui
    Anonymous

• ladybug she does it every month
    Anonymous

• everyone has a mental problem.. and no one is "normal". From my experience there are many different personalities and just because someone does something differently doesn't mean that they are a quack. However, the distinction can be made that when something is interfering with your life enough to cause problems such as; sleep deprivation, emotional chaos, health related issues, regression from normal physical contact, etc.. than the person should seek help to establish a more healthful living routine.
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 2:17 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I like to change things up so I would if I was able to. The way our living room is set up with the fireplace and where our front door is we don't really have many options.
    vnw1405

Answer by vnw1405 at 2:22 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Hehehe. I might start doing that to my husband soon just for the hell of it. That would surely drive him up the wall like he has been me. Mwahahahaha!
    Anonymous

• Well, like I said she's trying to see which way she likes it better. Perhaps she is a believer in Feng Shui or she's doing it to piss visitors off! hahaha

Can you imagine you come into her house one day and the furniture is one way and you think to yourself "uhm... I could have sworn she had the sofa over there the last time I was here" then you visit in a another month in a half and she's rearranged everything again. You're still thinking this chick is off her rocker but she's laughing on the inside cuz she knows she totally messing with you.

Or, perhaps she's doing it to totally piss off her husband. I wouldn't worry about it too much unless she starts really doing off the wall stuff.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 2:23 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Hmm...mental no! A decorator..perhaps! hee hee
    roxxxy

Answer by roxxxy at 2:25 PM on Jul. 2, 2009