Showed an interest....is she ready for the potty?

My daughter is almost 21 months old. We bought her a potty at 18 months to introduce it to her so when we did decide to actively start training it wouldnt be scary. Last nite we came home from my mom's and I really had to go. My husband was at a meeting so I left the door open while was in there. My daughter came in, opened the lid to her potty and motioned for me to take off her pants and diaper so I did. She sat there awhile, but nothing happened. She even wanted TP so I gave her a square and she wiped with it. She does go in alot with me during the day so she sees what I am doing. She has peed twice on the potty, but I think it was just cuz she had to go at that time. She did it again today, wanting to sit on her potty. Is she really ready and is telling me she wants to use the potty or is she just copying me and I should wait? She still wakes up in the morning and naps wet.

melliesmom1207

Asked by melliesmom1207 at 2:15 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• there's no harm in trying. and ive heard that girls are a lot easier to train than boys! you should feel lucky your little girl actually WANTS to sit on the potty, a lot of kids don't even want to. so i say try it out.. take her to the potty whenever she wants to go, but don't push it or she'll end up not liking it!
    exxOHjackie

Answer by exxOHjackie at 5:33 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I had my dd potty trained by 18 months first off make sure she's ready watch for her pulling at her dirty diaper or taking it off. Get her big girl panties don't use pull ups there a waste of money, get her her out little potty get some stickers and fake jewels and let her decorate it to make it hers. When she potties in it make a BIG deal out of it! Clap and say wow that was a good job your such a big girl and let her know that you are proud of her (kids love to make mommy and daddy proud). I skipped the candy thing I don't let my dd have a lot of candy, but you could try a small doll they have some that cost 97 cents at Wal-mart or make a chart for her to put stickers on and when she potties for a week without an accident give her a special treat or take her to McDonald's or something fun for you to do together.
    Good luck I hope it works out for you not having to buy diapers saves a lot of money!!
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 9:38 PM on Jul. 2, 2009