What if they said "mama i'm gay"

Y are mams so worried that there little one might be or is going to be gay?? I say go for it if it makes them happy.. I wouldnt care one bit, i would only want them to know how hard it will be for ppl to understand.. Then we would go shoppn together..

ArlieBeeMee

Asked by ArlieBeeMee at 2:18 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• "do you have a special someone?" I wouldn't care - gay, straight, bi, black, white, purple, green. People are people and should be able to have a caring relationship with whomever they choose (jailbait and pedophilia aside, that is.)
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:59 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• And life would change how? I would still want them to find that perfect someone that makes them happy and they can grow old with... and maybe adopt me some grand babies with ;-)
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 2:20 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Yeah that wouldn't change a thing for me. I'll love my son no matter who he loves.
    EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 2:22 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I agree! You love who you love, my kids are no exception. I love them and want them to be happy.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 2:24 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I'd smack 'em in the mouth! No one calls *me* "MAMA" and gets away with it! :)

Seriously, who cares? gay = happy, right?
    Anonymous

• I don't think that they would really encounter too many problems because of their sexuality. Of course, that all depends on where they decide to live their life. When I lived in South Carolina, in a small town it would've almost been a death sentence to come out and say you were gay. It is severely a shame to see people still acting ignorant in the world, especially the United States where we are supposed to be the "Land of the Free".
    My daughter has told me since she was about 2 that she's going to marry a girl. I believe she just may. I don't ever say anything about whether it is right or wrong, because I want her to come up with her own ideas. If she marries a boy I'll be happy, if she marries a girl I'll still be just as excited.
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 2:27 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I'd give my child a big hug, look him square in the eyes, and tell him how much I love him. I would be sooooo happy that my he felt such unconditional love from me that he was comfortable to tell me and be himself. It would only hurt me to think of the potential hatred, bigotry, and intolerance he might face in the future. Other than that, I would be thrilled for him to be accepting and open with his true feelings.
    DeTora_Family

Answer by DeTora_Family at 2:32 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I would love my children just the same.
    officerjoeys

Answer by officerjoeys at 2:34 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I would be upset. I don't want my child to be a homosexual. Its against what I believe. And there is no reason to bash me for that, its just how I believe. Would I love them any less? Heck no! Its still my child.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 2:35 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Im not the one that would act crazy.I think my hubby would have a midlife crisis.He always tells me that girls are made for guys and guys are made for girls.But I have many gat friends and I really wouldn't mind it.
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 2:39 PM on Jul. 2, 2009