Is there anything at all I can do for hay fever while pregnant?

I am completely miserable right now. But my OB said there was nothing safe to take. He said to take some Benadryl if it got bad enough that I start wheezing and having trouble breathing, but otherwise not. But I've been wondering if there might be some natural remedy that could be safe and give me at least some relief. I have sneezing, congestion and runny nose, but the worst part is the itchy watery eyes.

tyrelsmom

Asked by tyrelsmom at 2:33 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Benadryl is the only one that I know of as far as prescriptions. Other than that, you know the steam thing, where you get the room all steamy and breath, that can clear your nose sometimes.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 3:00 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• for the eyes you can use visine, or at least my doc let me between that and benadryl and a humidifier (we live in the SW and it's very dry) it's helped a lot
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 3:27 PM on Jul. 2, 2009