• In the Spotlight:

I caught my 18 yr old topless in front of the computer and not sure if webcam was on

is it safe to assume it was? she said she wasn't...but she's also a good at lies.
She visits this social network called "woome" it's when you instant message using webcams.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• I'd have a talk with her about self-respect, about future employers who may not appreciate that one of their prospective employees had her nude picture all over the world, and about potential stalkers. And she's kidding herself if she thinks the pictures will stay private.

Answer by Bmat at 2:43 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Oh boy! She probably was, sit her down and explain to her that anything you do in cyber space can come back and haunt you later on. Yikes I'm sorry this is a tough one!
    Emberbaby

Answer by Emberbaby at 2:43 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Ahem...time to remove the webcam!
    roxxxy

Answer by roxxxy at 2:44 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Sorry Mom, but she is an adult!
    Anonymous

• webcam is built in...i went to "woome.com" and tried to get the truth but no luck.
    Anonymous

• She might be an adult but not in my house, as long as she lived at home rules still must be followed...I would take the webcam away, if she wants to act like a child, treat her like one.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 2:49 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• anon 2:45, she may be an adult, but as long as she is under her PARENT'S roof, she still must abide by rules, and that is VERY unacceptable. I don't care if you're 18 or 30, but if you're still living at home with Mommy and Daddy, LIKE A CHILD, you will follow rules like a child.

:)
    Anonymous

• Answered at 2:45 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 by: Anonymous
    Sorry Mom, but she is an adult!

Excuse me?!? Umm.. she still lives in her mama's house, eating mama's food, using MAMA's computer... Adult my foot!
    I bet she did have the webcam on..what other reason would she have for sitting topless in front of the computer? Time to throw away the webcam, cancel her networking accounts, and put the computer in the common room.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 2:51 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• She may be an adult, but she's living in YOUR home...you'd better talk to her NOW about her bahavior, otherwise plan on being a young gramma. Too many parents let this type of behavior slide, and it's time to speak up and say something...NOW!!!
    Anonymous

• Counseling. She needs counseling in self image and self control and stripping counseling ASAP.
    Anonymous