Do you believe chivalry is dead?

It seems like it is. It seems like people are raising their kids with no manners! I teach my boys 12, 10, and 8 to hold doors open when they walk into a store and someone is behind them. For example this morning a lady was walking at Target and dropped her baby's blanket and my son picked it and handed it to her. Even thought their was another young boy closer who just stepped over it!! What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:53 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Not at my house!!! My Hubby and my son are both very Chivalrous and I won't have it any other way!!!
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:55 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• My sons hold doors open for people. Husband and I raised them to think of others. Being in Boy Scouts helped out alot as well.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 3:00 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• my SO and his daddy are the absolute definition of chivalry! :)
    i don't see it much in my male friends, or in the general public, though. it's not dead yet, but quickly becoming extinct.
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 3:00 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I stopped by the corner store earlier today and a older man opened the door to come in and held it for me!

Funny you should ask this!

I always hold the door open for the older people, and people with little ones. It only takes a second or so to return the kindness.

At 4 way stop signs where are all over in town, if some one gets to the stop sign at the same time, and no one is around I will let people go first through the inersection.

I drive my kids crazy with letting people with one or two items in the check out line go before us.
    Anonymous

• Not with my boys. I raise them right! My DH could use some spit and polish, but is usually ok when it counts. My dad and brother are good too. So not all is lost.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 4:47 PM on Jul. 2, 2009