military moms with tricare

How many ultrasounds, not counting any emergency ones, did you get while you were pregnant? Here in my region they only do one at 20 weeks to check fetal growth and development

rhianna1708

Asked by rhianna1708 at 2:58 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Two for my first, but I had a pos triple screen so they needed to verify due date, then I had one at 16 weeks.

One for my third.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 2:59 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I only had 1. I was so jealous of my friends w/other insurance 'cause they got so many. Towards the end though though the doctor would bring a cheap ultrasound into the room just to see if the baby's head was pointing down, but he only checked that and it was so unclear and fast you couldn't even really see it.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 2:59 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I had 2 done i dont count the other 2 because my first one they thought the baby wasnt developing and the other one the did before i had an emergency c-section...
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 3:19 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I got one at 6 weeks, 7 weeks, 20 weeks, and 27 weeks so far. My next appt. is at 31 weeks but I plan on doing a 4D one which Tricare doesn't cover so I probably won't ask for another one. (I had to ask for the latest one.) They don't routinely do them but my Dr said they will usually do one if you ask.
    spbeta

Answer by spbeta at 3:21 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I have tricare standard. With my first pregnancy I had one at every visit until after 20 weeks. I'm 10 weeks pregnant and have had two, and I'm going back next week for another one. I'm not high risk or anything, my doctor just does them anyway. I have never paid for any office visits either. The only thing I paid for was for my hospital stay and that was less than $100.
    militarywife976

Answer by militarywife976 at 3:23 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I had one to get a due date, one at 20 weeks and I will have one more next week.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 4:32 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• With my First preganancy Tricare only covered one for me @ 16weeks. The Hospital i went to even told me " it was against military rule, that they tell me the sex of the baby" I was soooo mad! Turned out that was a lie the lady just didnt know what to look for.
    neenerashley

Answer by neenerashley at 5:09 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I had four. I had some bleeding in the beginning and went to the ER where they did an ultrasound. Then they did one at my first doctors appt. They did one at 20 weeks. And then they did one at about 38 weeks to check the size of the baby.
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 6:50 PM on Jul. 2, 2009