Can someone give me some registry tips?

My boyfriend and I are going to Buy Buy Baby tonight to register. Since this is our first time neither one of us knows what we're looking for. Any ideas?

msnicole88

Asked by msnicole88 at 3:06 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Shopping

• They will help you register with a list of some sort. Just register for everything, even if you dont need it you can always return or exchange. When I had my babyshower people just bought whatever and I returned and picked out what I wanted!
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 3:10 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• car seats, diaper bags (you want 2-trust me on this), clothes, bottles, toys, high chair, play pen, diapers, wipes, a diaper pail, room decorations, etc. Even if you don't think you need an item, register for it. You can always exchange it for things you do need. It is better to over register than under register. Also, register for items in every price range. IMO unnecessary items are a wipe warmer (unless you live in the frigid north), a clamp on booster seat (tough to store, most places have booster seats). Good luck
    bocamom62

Answer by bocamom62 at 3:19 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Personally as a famly member or guest I'd rather buy you something you at least THINK you need. If I found out you were registering for everything just so you could take it back and either exchange or get the money then I'd be upset. If you take something back because you got duplicates or someone bought you something you don't like/didn't register for or need then that's different.

Take your time when you register and enjoy it. Look at clothes you like, what theme you want the baby room in, what type of bottle you want to use, crib, swing, etc. Realize that many of the latest and greatest gadgets you really don't need and the baby could care less if you got one. The one biggie that I would register for is a large trash can with a step peddle that seals tight. I'm not talking a diaper genie as the refills get expensive! I absolutely love mine. I wouldn't worry to much about high chairs for when they get older. By
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 3:46 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• the time the baby gets old enough to use it someone may pass one down to you for free. Personally I'd want some outfits, bibs, bottles and tons and tons of diapers & wipes.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 3:48 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Food mill
    onesies
    washcloths
    cloth diapers and covers in assorted sizes
    car seat
    Books: Super Baby Food by Ruth Yaron; Touchpoints by Dr. T. Berry Brazelton; anything by Penelope Leach
    nursing pillow

Answer by rkoloms at 4:35 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• We ended up going to the store two days in a row. Thursday night we stayed until closing talking with a very helpful associate. The next day we actually registered and knew a lot more about what we wanted. There's still another store to go but we added a couple travel strollers, car seats, high chair, covers for our changing table, covers for the play pen, bottle sterilizer, various baby proofing items, etc.
    The next store I want to see if I can get the stroller I like cheaper. Plus I'll be adding a couple more car seats for when the baby gets bigger, maybe a second high chair for when people watch him or we go out to eat, gates, bottles, pacifiers, etc. That time we'll be with a friend who works at the store so it should be less overwhelming.
    Thanks for all the tips :)
    msnicole88

Answer by msnicole88 at 3:58 PM on Jul. 6, 2009