Tell me what I should do???

Alot of ladies would jump at this chance...I don't know why I am this way but my dh wants to do something special for the 4th of July and I am not up to it. He says all you want to do is stay at home and do nothing...I mean we have a pool and we are in the comfort of our own home and I understand he wants to get away...But with gas being expensive and it being soo hot I am not into nothing right now but staying home and relaxing... with that I am happy but I know it is not fair for the kids 17, 15, 8,and 6. We haven't said nothing yet to them bc we don't want to rowl them up but can you ladies help me decide...it's all about money and the heat I can not stand it :(
Not to mention we have 2 dogs I don't want to take them away from their comfort zone either....Any suggestions or anyway I can meet half way on this with my dh. Thanks again ladies...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:07 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• you gotta live a little, if you don't want to do it for youself then do it for the kids and you man you never know you might enjoy yourself and have a great bonding time with your family, the heat and the money problem will always be there but your kids will grow up and have there own life sooner then later, I think you should just forget about everything that is holding you back and go have fun with your family.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:26 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• go to the beach for the day. split it up. you gotta give to get sometimes
    lostshel

Answer by lostshel at 3:11 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• You could stay home and the rest of the family can do something for the 4th. It seems like your the only who does not want to. Or you could just give up your comfort and wants for your family. after all isn't that what being a mother and wife is all about. Being selfless and making your family happy? If you just can't seem to do that, maybe hubby can do something to help you out so you will be more willing to do what is needed to go out for the 4th. Like help you pack what you need. Figure out what to do with the dogs, clean on the house... etc.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 3:16 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• It is only for one day. And one you may remember for years! Take a camera and take photos.

Go enjoy yourselves. Depending on where you live, try to go some where not TOO crowded and do your own fireworks. You can spend $30 or so on SOME, enough to have fun with.

If you are OK and able to spend a little bit, I say go!

I live in the south, so I understand about the heat. ( I am starting menopause early!!! ) Just come home, RELAX and tell your hubby you are taking a cool shower.........and he can join you if he wants when the kids are in bed and make your OWN fireworks on the 4th of July!!

Enjoy yourself and have fun!
    carolinablues50

Answer by carolinablues50 at 3:20 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• go do the special thing. Obviously you can afford it or hubby wouldn't have mentioned doing it so just get up and go have fun with the family and kiddos you never know you may even realize you needed this all along.
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 3:22 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Oh...and ask a friend to check on your dogs if you are going away tomorrow til Sunday or something. Maybe they can help....if you think your dogs won't be quiet in a hotel if that is where he wants to go.

Good luck to ya as I said in whatever you decide. And have a Happy AND safe July 4th!!
    carolinablues50

Answer by carolinablues50 at 3:23 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Ask the kids what they want to do. Let them see they have input in family time. As for the dogs, surely you can get a housesitter/animal sitter. Maybe someone in your family wants to be alone for the holidays. Then again, maybe you could trade homes with someone for the holiday. That would not cost you anything but gas money and the animals are taken care of.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:01 PM on Jul. 2, 2009