When Does Babbling Start?

My son is 6 months old today. I keep reading and hearing about how a baby should be babbling by now, but I don't really know what they mean by babbling. My son makes noises like he is trying to talk all the time but not ba, ma, da or anything. When did your lo start the ba, ma, da? And did they start by just making noises like a yelling sound??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mine never did the ba, ma, da thing at all.

http://www.babycenter.com/0_milestone-chart-1-to-6-months_1496585.bc
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:50 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• My baby started babbling at like, 3 mos. I think that's early, but she doesn't do it everyday or all the time. Just once in a while and then she's pretty chatty. It's cute, I just don't know how to get her to do it more often.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 4:52 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• my son started making "noises" around 2 1/2 mos...and then he just got progressively more expiremental and started doing it A LOT by 4mos. He said dadadada around 5mos...he's 7 1/2 months old now and makes ALL kinds of noises and babbles...mamama, bababa and tons of noises and cute baby babbles
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 5:24 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• my first made "noises" around 4-5 months and my 2nd just started and he is 3 months
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 5:32 PM on Jul. 2, 2009