What is your best frugal living advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• coupons, seriously they can add up as far as savings!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 3:22 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Make coffee at home. Seriously. It took me 3 years of talking about it before I actually did it.
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 3:24 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Use cash (not debit cards) for everything. When you see the money leaving your hand, it makes you start thinking "do I need this?"
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 3:25 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Thrift stores.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 3:26 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Don't buy stuff at the first shopping. Go home and think about it, then if you still want it, then get it. This is one of my husband's discoveries about saving money.

Another is only buy on sale.

Also an old one: Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without.

Answer by Bmat at 3:29 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Cook...don't eat out. It is such a waste of money. $38 at village in the other day for two regular meals and two kids meals. RIP OFF!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 3:32 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• If you have a large family get a freezer and stock up on those bargins. Then make sure you use them!
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 3:33 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Make lunches. Sandwiches are easy enough. We finally in my house started doing this, after a year of talking about it. Two sandwiches on the menu each week, saves about $10 a day for both of us. That's $300 a month, plus the $100 from coffee purchases. Bank rolls left in our account yeay.
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 3:35 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Dont eat out. Make lists for the grocery store and walmart. Dont go when youre hungry. Only go once a week and dont run back and forth. Keep kids clothes in neat condition to resell ( if you can). I could go on and on.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 3:38 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• pay all your bills first, before even thinking about going shopping!

Answer by admckenzie at 4:03 PM on Jul. 2, 2009