What is...

A sodomite? where in the bible does it say they dont get into heaven.

rhanford

Asked by rhanford at 3:27 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• A sodomite is someone who engages in anal sex. It is generally in regard to homosexual activity, and the Bible clearly states in many passages that homosexuals will not get into heaven unless they repent from their sin of sexual perversion. Sodomy does NOT include oral sex. Sodomy is sometimes practiced between a man and a woman, but generally it is a homosexual activity between two men. However, anyone who practices anal sex is a sodomite and will suffer the same consequences.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:38 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• A sodomite was someone from Sodom. I don't know any reference in the bible to say that no sodomites get into heaven . . .
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 3:36 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• A Sodomite was a resident of Sodom. God steped in and killed them himself. I can't remember where it says that those destroyed by god can not be resurected, but it does. The Flood, Sodom & Ghamora and I believe those at Jerico would all be included in that list...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:49 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• The term is also used for those who commit gross sexual acts, such as child molestation. Hence the term in legal circles of Sodomy.

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 4:23 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Ok so I heard that the story of Sodom and Gomorrah and that it's talking not just about homosexuals and that act but of rape and beastialit yand of sodomy, dictionary.com that word and you'll see it mean anal/oral sex with a person of the same or opposite gender and beastility. so I am asking ummmm are we damned if we have oral sex in our marriage, as a christian?
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 12:30 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• ANON 138 where did you find this info?
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 1:20 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Cause I lookg up the definitipon of Sodomy and iit does include oral sex and that's is why I was so puzzled.
    rhanford