teething...

My son is teething and it's buthering him. What kind of medicine should I use?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I use the infant medicine from walmart
    my son is teething right now to, most kids are sick and crying but mine is constipated like crazy.
    I hate seeing them hurting like that it's hard on them and the parents.
    Good luck with your baby :)
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:37 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Ouch! Mine has had 7 in the past 2 weeks and is still going for more. I use the Walmart brand as well and she chews like crazy on her binkies. I've had to pitch a couple but she doesn't want teething rings so we go with what keeps her happy.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 3:51 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I never used medicine for my kids because it never worked. I would buy those freezies at the story and let them suck on those. At first they will not like how cold they are but then they will want more because of the flavor and after sucking on it for a little while their gums will be num and they cant feel the pain.
    middlemix

Answer by middlemix at 4:56 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• The doctor said not to use medication that you wipe on their gums because it will just wash out of their mouth within a few minutes, but I know parents who swear by it. We just use teething rings and she really likes chewing on her burp cloths. I just read in a magazine that you could freeze celery and let your baby chew on that or put a little water on a cloth, freeze it and let the baby chew on that for a while. Anything to keep her distracted from the pain (songs, dancing, whatever!) has helped us too.
    silvia316

Answer by silvia316 at 7:14 PM on Jul. 2, 2009