sex gives you a shorter period?!

i know this girl who told me that her doctor told her that having sex on your period will make it shorter due to having an orgasm; when you orgasm your uterus contracts and pushes all the blood/tissue out sooner? is there any truth to this statement or was she just shittin me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:48 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I've never heard of that. I suppose there could be some truth to it, since after you give birth, your uterus contracts and gets some of the stuff out. I guess you could experiment and see. lol
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 3:52 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Not sure if it's truth. I don't have orgasms during sex while on my period. I do give myself one during masturbation when I cramp a lot bc that relaxes the muscle and disperses the blood. I cant' imagine it shooting the blood out faster and causing a shorter period. Let's all ask our own doctors and get back with each other to find out what other doctors say

Answer by admckenzie at 3:55 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I think it's true. When I have sex on my period it usually goes away two days sooner than it does otherwise.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 4:09 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• LMAO!! we'd all be fucking on the rag..
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 4:32 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• hahahah lets do it!
    psylees_mommy

Answer by psylees_mommy at 8:23 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I will vouch for this one being true...some of the time. In my case, I don't know if it makes it shorter...it kinda makes mine skip a few days...But then again its nice because we can have sex in between without the mess and the smell. And without being grossed out. But yes sometimes if you have sex right before you start you period, like when you first start to see 'show'...sometimes that helps me not only with the length of my period but also with how painful it is...or isn't!
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 11:13 PM on Jul. 2, 2009