Mirena IUD

Who has used it? Is it really as good as they say? Can you breast feed with it in? And can anyone explain how you "check the threads each month"?

lol sorry about all the questions! I'm just curious

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:51 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• ok,,, i loved it! and yes you can breast feed while on it. with the checking of the threads, you put a finger inside you to your cervix and you can feel them.. at first the doc's dont cut the strings short, they are kinda long.... i had to get mine cut short cause (this is tmi but oh well) my baby's father said it was like stickin the head of his penis in a weedeater. (my spellin may be off sorry). so i would suggest if you do get it tell them to cut the strings kinda short.. dont worry it wont make then dissapear/
    Anonymous

• I considered getting it but I researched it and decided not to. Ask your doctor if they have any info on the mirena. I got a packet from my doctor that scared me out of getting it because of all the things that can happen. I know there r risks with every type of birth control but these risks were too scary for me and everything that could happen to you would result in u having to get surgery and become infertile
    middlemix

Answer by middlemix at 5:11 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I've only had mine in 2 months and it's been just fine so far. I breastfeed too. Before I had the Copper IUD (no hormones) in and I had really, really bad cramps and I haven't felt that so far. Of course I may not have really had a period yet, only spotting, so who knows for sure. My doctor didn't say anything about checking the strings regularly so I can't comment on that.
    silvia316

Answer by silvia316 at 7:03 PM on Jul. 2, 2009