should i put him on child support or not?

i need help my babys dady is really being a typical young fatgher who doesnt responsibility he left because he said i was always bitching and he was unhappy but any ways he has been in and out of my daughters life he just being that guy you ladys know what i mean a dead beat dad

Happy2bemom969

Asked by Happy2bemom969 at 4:15 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• yes file for child support

Answer by admckenzie at 4:22 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Yes you should get child support. What happen between you two is just that between you two. He helped you make this child. He needs to help you raise this child. You were'nt bitching that bad when the baby was made now were you : )
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:23 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• YES...shouldn't even be a question...
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 4:24 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• no not really i was teaching him to grow up like i did but he does love her he shows it alot but he still wants his fun he buys her things but its hard to get a hold of him and visits on his schedule
    Happy2bemom969

Answer by Happy2bemom969 at 4:35 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• You need a support order and a visitation/custody order in place and followed as close to the letter as possible.
    Anonymous

• Absolutely get court ordered child support. If you don't need it save it in an account for her future.
    Anonymous

• Your daughter deserves that money and support...Go get it honey
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 4:40 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Before I answer, does he work? and does he make enough money to help you raise this child? I ask these questions first because if he's not working, then there's nothing he can give you and secondly, if he's not making enough to support himself, then it may not be worth taking him to court.

How I view your post and maybe I'm wrong but it seems that by forcing him to pay child support, you're getting back at him for not being a responsible father. Just how I see it. Secondly...you can't force someone to do something their not willing to do. Yes, he does have an obligation to this child but just because you put him on child support does not mean he's going to pay.
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 5:20 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Shouldn't even be a question... He made the baby too. If he's not being an active father and paying for diapers, formula, etc WILLINGLY, then he has to pay...
    madrigalreject

Answer by madrigalreject at 5:44 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Definitly go to court and have child support garnished from any and all paychecks he receives. As for his fatherly attitude... do you really want a person like that to have influence over your child? I wouldn't. Either stay or go but don't do both.
    Nan_g

Answer by Nan_g at 11:34 PM on Jul. 2, 2009