Where you live.... is everyone you know a Christian?

I live in the North East. I know Christians, but not very many. In fact it doesn't even seem like any religions are widely practiced around here or at least people don't talk about it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Nope! I was raised Christian and still hold some of the same beliefs. My siblings, who were all raised the same way, all vary on their beliefs. There's 5 of us altogether and only 1 still attends church. As far as my friends go, I hardly have any that are Christian. Only 1 comes to mind immediately. I have friends who practice Buddhism, Mormonism, Atheism...you name it.
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 4:38 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I can count on one hand those who aren't. That's not to say there aren't some that aren't simply private about it, but the majority of people around here wear their religion on their sleeves, and their screen savers, and their ringtones...

It's a huge contrast to where I grew up - more Catholic than anything else, but usually not practicing - the just knew when to sit, stand and kneel at weddings and funerals.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:39 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Almost... I am about an hour south of Pittbsurgh. We have about 4000 people between my town and the next and over 40 chruches... There are a few though that believe as I do, we all grew up together and most of us remain friends... But it's a very few, like maybe a dozen or so... The number is growing as we are all open about what we believe and welcome questions and discussions. I have even been known to "tutor" a few locals about my beliefs when they asked...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:40 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I'm Christian and know quite a lot of them, but i also know some Catholics, Protestants, Church of God, etc. in our area too.
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 4:40 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I don't know anyone where i live. I just moved here. LOL
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 4:40 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• were I live there is a church on every single coner like a convenience (donno about the spell) store it's kinda weird
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 4:41 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• No- our area is pretty diverse. I know a few church-going Christians, some Hindus, some Muslims, a few Wiccans... most of the people I know are probably atheist/agnostic or spiritual but without a specific denomination.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 4:42 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Here near Seattle, I hardly know any Christians. There is one who is a good friend but everyone else is either Pagan, Buddhist, Wiccan, Satanist or Atheist.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:43 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Im surrounded by christians of various kinds, Ive been surrounded by christians of various kinds all my life, while christian myself and when not.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:45 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I actually have no idea what most of the people around me believe and I really don't care. Being in Southern California, I can assume fairly safetly that at least some of my neighbors follow one of the other major religions. All I care about is if they are good neighbors or not. And they are.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:45 PM on Jul. 2, 2009