Do you remember your Grandparents?

I don't. My parents were older when I was born and my maternal grandmother died when I was 3. Wish my parents were younger so I could remember grandparents but I still had a good childhood with a lot of fun. lol

sweetmom1007

Asked by sweetmom1007 at 4:45 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yep, my dad's dad when I was 15 and my mom's parents died within a year of each other when I was in my 20's. My dad's mom is still kicking at 85 and probably has another 10 years. I loved spending time with all my grandparents, my dad's dad taught me to ride horses and spoiled us all rotten, and my mom's mom was my favorite person. I spent so much time with her having tea and crumpets (not that we knew what crumpets were, we just had cookies), watching family feud, the price is right and our stories. I once told mom that if I ran away from home I'd be at Granny's.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 4:52 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• My nana was my best friend, I miss her hugs sooo much but I know she is always with me!
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 4:46 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• All that remain is my 92 year old frail paternal grandmother, and I'd do anything for her!
    StepJenni

Answer by StepJenni at 4:47 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Yes I do, very much, and miss them greatly. I used to spend summers and holidays with them. I always felt loved at their houses. They'd listen to my woes and to my happy stories, they'd talk about their lives. They showed me how to cook and garden. Those were special times. I was very fortunate.

Answer by Bmat at 4:49 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Oops that should be my dad's dad died when I was 15.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 4:53 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• yea, my grandma is alive but I don't talk to her (on my dad's side and my mom's side). My grandpa is alive and we still talk a lot.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 5:05 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I remember most of them.

My dads father passed away about 9 yrs ago in his early 90's. He was gruff and lousy driver LOL. He would come visit us for a week and on the last day would take us out to a nice place to eat. He drove a Lincoln Town Car. He was a sweet man and even tho he was gruff I knew he loved us dearly.

My mothers parents are still alive and pretty well. They are in their late 80's and live near my mother. I talk to them weekly(my grandma anyway, my grandpa cant hear well over the phone even with his hearing aid in).

My dads mother passed away 11 yrs before I was born so I never knew her.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 5:09 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• yep my moms parents and my dads mom are still alive... also i have 1 great grandmother and grandfather that are still alive,,, i lost 2 great grandmothers so far both of which really upset me..
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 5:10 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I still have a grandfather thats alive he's 93. My closest grandmother (love her so much) passed away in May of 2006. Followed the following year by my mom.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 5:19 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Unfortunately I have been cheated out of having grandparents. They were all dead when I was born.
    mom_wrhsc

Answer by mom_wrhsc at 5:29 PM on Jul. 2, 2009